Sydney is home to some of the best cooking classes around. From your favourite cuisines like Thai, Mexican, Middle Eastern, to learning knew skills like BBQ smoking, cocktail making and cake decorating, you are spoilt for choice. It's time to slice, dice, bake and more with cooking classes Sydney wide.
Best cooking classes in Sydney?
If you’re looking for the best cooking class deals Sydney, read on to learn about our top rated experiences.
- Middle Eastern BBQ Cooking Class: Ditch the takeaway for good and learn to recreate the exotic flavours of the Middle East at home. This class takes you step by step through a selection of recipes and will have you cooking up an epic BBQ feast. Finish with a sit-down meal with your group and enjoy your efforts with a glass of wine or beer.
- Molecular Gastronomy Class: Take your cooking skills to a whole new level with a molecular gastronomy class that combines science and food. Learn how to create smoke, bubbles and foam, and leave with new skills to show off at your next dinner party.
- Seafood BBQ Cooking Class: Learn the art of cooking seafood on the barbecue with a hands-on cooking class. You might find yourself cooking king prawns with coriander and cashew pesto, squid salad with smoked paprika and citrus, korma salmon with cucumber and snow pea salad and yoghurt dressing, and Asian-style whole steam roasted snapper.
- Mexican BBQ Cooking Class: With a margarita in hand, you’ll discover how to mix spices and create a tasty Mexican feast on the BBQ. The chef will demonstrate each dish before you are tasked with recreating it for yourself. Leave with a full tummy, class notes, chef tips and recipes to take home.
- Beer Tasting and BBQ Smoking Cooking Class: Knock your guests socks off after attending a tantalising meat smoking masterclass in Willoughby. The session covers brining, marinating, rubbing and smoking, and includes a beer tasting session and four course sit-down meal.
- Sydney Fish Market Seafood BBQ Cooking Class: Learn how to take your weekend BBQ from casual to gourmet at the iconic Sydney Fish Markets. By the end of this four hour session, you will be able to delight your family and friends by whipping up a mouth-watering seafood barbecue featuring fish, shellfish and squid. The best part? You get to enjoy all of your hard work paired with a celebratory glass of wine!
What is included in a cooking class in Sydney?
Advanced and beginners cooking classes Sydney typically cover knife skills, cooking techniques, ingredients, presentation and a selection of recipes, from entrees through to dessert. Classes can be catered to all cooking experience levels. All ingredients, equipment and utensils are included so you don’t need to bring a thing. Comfortable clothing is suggested and enclosed footwear is required for safety reasons. Each session finishes with a scrumptious sit-down meal as created by you or you can choose to take your dishes home to share with your loved ones.
What are the packages offered at cooking classes in Sydney?
Whether you want to learn to cook or expand your culinary repertoire, you’ll find a wide range of classes that can be adapted to suit all experience levels. We’ve got a diverse selection of cuisines to choose from including Japanese, Mexican, Thai, Brazilian, French and Italian cooking, and offer niche experiences such as dumpling masterclasses, pastry cooking classes, cake decorating and more.
Are there private hands-on cooking classes in Sydney?
Looking for private cooking classes Sydney? RedBalloon offers a selection of private group classes that are perfect for special occasions such as birthdays or hens parties, and corporate team building.
If you’re looking for a fun night out with the girls, why not do something a little different and enjoy a Group Cocktail Making Class in Manly? The evening kicks off with sparkling wine, antipasto, breads and dips on arrival before being taken through four classic cocktails. Taught by an experienced mixologist, you’ll have a have a blast mudding, stirring and shaking!
Foodies and carb lovers might instead enjoy a private pizza making class. Catering for up to 12 people, you’ll thrown on apron and learn how to handle pizza dough like a pro! The cook and eat session concludes with a fun award ceremony with prizes and certificates for the winners – perfect for team bonding.
Go that little bit further and give back to your community, spending a few hours at Our Big Kitchen, a community run kitchen that gives back to disadvantaged people across Sydney. Suitable for a group of 10, this fun, social and rewarding experience will have you cooking delicious home cooked meals for those in need. The ultimate in group cooking classes Sydney.
If you’re looking for something more specific like private chocolate cooking classes Sydney, get in contact with RedBalloon or the experience provider directly if your desired class is public but you’d like to book it out for a private event.
Do they offer kids cooking classes in Sydney?
RedBalloon currently offers a two hour chocolate Workshop for kids in Sydney’s Northern Beaches. The session begins with a fun and interactive learning game based around chocolate before they are assisted with making yummy chocolate lollipops and cake balls. Suitable for ages five and over, it’s a great way to teach your child the basics of cooking and allows them to express their creative side. Keep an eye out for more kids cooking classes Sydney coming soon.