If you’ve always wanted to experience a culinary or food tour, there is no better way to treat your taste buds to a delicious foodie experience than with RedBalloon. You’ll discover a range of food tasting and tours that will have your mouth-watering for fresh produce, delicious meals and nothing but the best ingredients. You can enjoy culinary tours in locations around the country including Melbourne, Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Bryon Bay, Perth, Sydney, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Brisbane, plus plenty more regions.
A food and culinary tour are also the perfect gift idea for the foodie in your life. You can tantalise their taste buds to an exquisite gourmet experience that will let them discover new food scenes, whilst enjoying delicious tastings along the way. RedBalloon even offers food tours for 2 people so you can tag along too and enjoy amazing memories together.
What is a food tour?
A culinary or food tour is a guided tour of local food and beverage venues which may include tastings and hands-on experiences. During a RedBalloon food tour you can expect to see some of the best foodie scenes Australia has to offer. You’ll learn about a city’s culinary culture, discover famous restaurants, cafes and dining venues, and taste delicious food along the way. You can even find a range of food and wine tours that combine delicious produce with amazing wine tastings.
What are the best food tours?
RedBalloon offers some of the best food tours and tasting experiences Australia has to offer. Treat your taste buds to a delicious culinary experience whilst also exploring amazing food venues, restaurants, cafes plus so much more. Some of the best food tours include:
- Melbourne city dumpling walking tour: There’s nothing Melbourne’s city workers like better than a plate of dumplings after work! But where to go? There’s so much choice! Visit several dumpling houses throughout the city that all do something a bit different during this delicious food tour.
- Adelaide central market breakfast tour for 2 people: Kickstart your day with a breakfast tour of South Australia’s culinary icon established in 1869, the Adelaide Central Market. Food lovers will enjoy discovering the precinct’s history, local produce and stalls all while sampling gourmet bites. The tour concludes with a tasty café breakfast.
- Cheese tasting and wine matching workshop for 2 people: If you have a love for all things cheese and booze and want to learn more about both, then this unique, intimate event is for you! Run monthly, this culinary tour offers tastings of some of the greatest international artisan cheeses matched with an ever-changing selection of boutique wines.
- Backroads of Byron Farmland foodie tour: A day spent frolicking on farms, tasting gorgeous local produce; this tour is for those who love their food fresh! Visit Byron Bay hot spot Harvest for lunch and enjoy tasting plates at other local eateries. This food tour is conducted in a luxury vehicle, making it easy to get around to all the delicious tastings.
- Tempted in the tweed progressive lunch tour: Discover a foodie haven in stunning Tweed with this progressive lunch or dinner tour. Visit a range of award winning restaurants including Fins, Osteria, Taverna and Paper Daisy. At each stop you will enjoy a dish and a glass of wine as well as being able to meet the faces behind the food.
- Chocolate walking tour: Explore Brisbane, meet like minded chocolate lovers, and enjoy sweet treats along the way! This two and a half hour walking food tour is perfect for anyone who loves chocolate and wants to learn more about how it’s made, from an expert local Brisbane chocolatier.
- Melbourne lanes and arcades chocolate and dessert tour: Discover why Melbourne is the chocolate capital of Australia while you indulge in chocolate tastings from the top chocolate specialists, macaroons from a famous patissier, and much more, while you explore the city’s lanes and arcades. This is one of the best taste tours that is perfect for satisfying those sweet cravings.
Food tours are also known as culinary tours and are designed to let you experience the tantalising flavours of the world. These tours are an authentic, up-close experience that will let you discover a city, country and culture by exploring their cuisine. Whilst some food tours might only provide an overview of the cuisine, culinary tours led by professional guides are designed to educate and provide a historical background on local produce, food and drink. Culinary tours can be of local markets, restaurants, cafes or even cooking classes.
How much does a culinary tour cost?
Discover the best range of food and culinary tours within your price range on RedBalloon. These tours start from as low as $25 for a coffee and food tasting tour that includes two courses as you discover how food and coffee can be matched to enhance your dining experience. Our culinary tours range through until $2,600 for the ultimate foodie experience – a 2 night Southern Highlands total truffle immersion for 2 people.
If you loved our range of food tastings and tours, discover our range of winery experiences. Our decadent wine tastings and tours will tantalise your taste buds and bring out your inner wine conousciour. Discover RedBalloon winery experiences in the Hunter Valley, Barossa Valley, Yarra Valley, McLaren Vale, Mount Cotton, plus plenty more locations around Australia.
Discover these experiences plus plenty more food and wine tours from our range of gourmet experiences. Treat the foodie in your life to a high tea, dining experience, spirit tasting, cooking class or any other gourmet experience available on RedBalloon.