It has long been argued that the sky is bluer in Brisbane than any other city in Australia. If you’re not a local and are up for a getaway, why not duck over for a few days and find out for yourself! After all, there’s so many things to do in Brisbane. There’s a good reason why this city is considered a slice of paradise. You get this sense of glory and wonderment when you visit all the Brisbane tourist attractions, probably because locals want to impress visitors as much as possible. But with so many beautiful places to visit in Brisbane, the locals really don’t need to make a special effort. This place really does speak for itself!
Our range of Queensland activities are perfect to enjoy with your partner, kids, family or friends. They are also a great range of experiences for locals to enjoy on the weekend or if they want to get out and about! From spectacular hot air balloon rides and scenic helicopter flights, to whale watching cruises and indulging day spas, you’ll find some of the best things to do in Brisbane perfect for everyone. These experiences are also the perfect gift ideas if you’re looking to spoil someone for a special occasion. If you know someone who is about to celebrate a birthday, why not gift them an experience in Brisbane that they will never forget, creating memories they’ll look back on for years to come! You’ll find a variety of Brisbane birthday gift ideas perfect for any personality type.
Fun things to do in Brisbane
If you’re overwhelmed by options and want to narrow down what to do in Brisbane, you’ll appreciate the range of activities on RedBalloon. There are so many fun things to do in Brisbane and even more exciting things to do in Brisbane at night, you’ll never be at a loss. One thing’s for certain, wherever you’re traveling from, especially from Melbourne or Sydney, you’ll immediately notice the amount of space there is per capita. There is no fear of overcrowding, so all the exhilarating Brisbane activities will be comfortable from start to finish. No elbowing your way through crowds or queues, just a civilised and satisfying experience, whatever you choose. Have you thought about designing an itinerary before arriving? Or perhaps you’re a local who’s looking for a fun packed day exploring the wide and wonderful Brisbane attractions. Some of the best things to do in Brisbane include wine tastings, exhilarating indoor skydives, V8 race car driving, extreme zipline adventures plus so much more. You’ll even find a variety of group activities and child-friendly experiences so you can get the whole clan together for your next Brisbane outing.
Things to do in Brisbane at night
When looking for things to do in Brisbane at night you can’t go past the exquisite restaurants available. Brisbane is underrated when it comes to fine dining and most Sydneysiders or Melbournians don’t realise the bounty of hatted restaurants here – enough to give foodies a run of their money! RedBalloon offers a number of indulgent fine dining and gourmet experiences that are perfect for treating your taste buds to. The 5 course chef-hatted degustation for 2 people is one of the best ways to spend your night in Brisbane. Enjoy a fine dining experience at Deer Duck Bistro and experience an innovative and elegant menu that combines French and Modern Australian cuisine.
Things to do in Brisbane this weekend
Looking for things to do in Brisbane this weekend? If you’re more of an adrenaline junkie or want to give a voucher as a gift to one, then you’ll love the RedBalloon options. There’s a whole lot within the Brisbane CBD, but even more activities available just a short drive out. You could try a high ropes and flying fox adventure, and extreme zipline guided tour, or you could even learn how to fly on a half hour introductory flight lesson. If you want thrilling things to do in Brisbane without travelling too far, then you could opt for a V8 race car drive or perfect your flying trapeze circus skills in a specially tailored workshop. Prefer exciting things to do in Brisbane at night? Try the Brisbane Bridge twilight tour for a change of pace and a brilliant vantage point. There are so many invigorating Brisbane attractions that both locals and visitors will enjoy on RedBalloon!
What are the best Brisbane activities?
Whether you’re looking for something to do with your friends, an experience for the weekend or something for the whole family to enjoy, RedBalloon offers the best activities in Brisbane. Some of the top experiences include:
- Dinner cruise on the Brisbane River for 2 people: Dance the night away on Brisbane River aboard an authentic paddlewheeler or grand Voyager. A spectacular night out; enjoy stunning views of the sunset and the Brisbane skyline. On board you can indulge in a delicious contemporary buffet offering a fusion of fresh international dishes.
- Brisbane’s Story Bridge twilight climb for 2 people: Scale to the top of Brisbane’s iconic Story Bridge to discover the city from a spectacular bird’s eye view. This Flexi voucher allows any climb Tuesday to Sunday, including the most popular weekend twilight climbs. An absolute ‘must do’ on a visit to Brisbane!
- Winery tour and tasting with Italian lunch for 2 people: Take a look behind the scenes at one of Queensland’s best wineries. Explore the winery learning how they get the very best from their grapes before sampling a range of acclaimed wines at the cellar door. Then, enjoy a delicious set menu lunch of pastas, garlic bread and salad.
- Dolphin cruise to the Tangalooma Wrecks: Enjoy a day in tropical paradise as you’re taken on an eco tour of discovery, exploring the crystal clear waters of the Moreton Bay Marine Park. Keep your eyes peeled for bottlenose dolphins and an abundance of marine life as you journey to the Tangalooma Wrecks. Snorkelling and meals are included.
- 2 course banquet lunch at City Winery Brisbane: Sit down for a sumptuous two course lunch at Brisbane's first urban winery. You will indulge in an entree and main that effortlessly showcase the best local produce and that will change with the seasons. With a huge focus on wood-fire cooking, each dish will be touched by fire.
There are plenty of amazing Brisbane attractions and experiences on offer at RedBalloon! Don’t know which one to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product in Brisbane including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Discover these Brisbane activities plus more from the range of things to do in Queensland on RedBalloon. Find exhilarating experiences in the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Tropical North Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef plus plenty more destinations.