Perth, Western Australia is a glorious city in the biggest state of Australia. You probably already know that this destination takes longer to get to from the east coast than it does to many neighbouring countries but it’s 100% worth the effort. There are so many amazing Perth attractions that are worth ticking off your must-do list regardless if you’re a local or visitor. On RedBalloon you’ll discover plenty of fun things to do in Perth with a range of experiences perfect for families, kids, weekend activities and even gift ideas.
The best things to do in Perth?
You’ll find the best things to do in Perth on RedBalloon. You can’t ignore the crystal blue waters around the coastline of Perth and destinations like Rottnest Island and the Margaret River. You’ll probably even consider migrating to this state, just to get closer. And why not? It has one of the best weather conditions in the world, all year round. What’s more, the fun things to do in Perth are increasing by the day. Whether you’re a local or visitor, the Perth activities available on RedBalloon are particularly exciting – you’ll find something for everyone and every kind of occasion. Some of the best things to do in Perth include:
- Sunset sparkling wine cruise by catamaran for 2 people: An evening out in Fremantle doesn’t get much better than sunset sailing on a luxury catamaran. You and your partner or friend can watch the day turn into night and the stars begin to shine as you sip on a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. BYO is also welcome, making this the perfect Perth experience to enjoy with your loved on the weekend.
- Hot air ballooning over the Avon Valley: Experience the enchantment of the Avon Valley with a hot air balloon flight at dawn. The rural landscape, rolling hills, lush green fields and meandering streams provide a picturesque setting for the oldest and most natural way to fly. A delicious champagne breakfast overlooking the river follows.
- Quad biking and sand boarding tour for 2 people: Not for the faint-hearted, this exhilarating quad biking and sand boarding adventure has you exploring the expansive Lancelin sand dunes, offering magnificent views of the Indian Ocean. Chase adrenaline as you navigate your way around this pure white ‘snow landscape’ that rises three storeys high.
- Snorkel with sharks at The Aquarium of Western Australia: Plunge into the Aquarium of Western Australia’s three million litre Shipwreck Coast and came face-to-fin with sharks, turtles and the world’s largest stingrays! After being led on an amazing underwater snorkel adventure, spend the rest of the day exploring the 40+ exhibits on offer.
- 15,000ft tandem skydive over Rottnest Island with ferry pass: Experience the extreme thrill of skydiving over the beautiful Rottnest Island, finishing with a beach landing. Strapped to your qualified instructor, you’ll jump from 15,000ft in the air and reach speeds of up to 200km/h as you freefall, before peacefully gliding toward the stunning white sands.
Things to do in Perth at night
There are plenty of Perth tourist attractions and experiences to enjoy at night. As the sunsets and the city skyline lights up, there is so much to see and do. Have you thought about getting a group together for a fun night out? Mix it up with an interactive escape room or a night time food safari. Other things to do in Perth at night include discovering its small bar scene, especially the more underground and less known places by going on a small bar scene and food discovery tour. There’s something about a guided tour that really opens up another world of experiences, and RedBalloon has plenty of them, all year round.
Perth sightseeing is wonderful at any and every angle. But have you thought about capturing the moment from up high? We mean way up high! Have you thought about skydiving before? Now’s your chance! What better views than over Rockingham Beach – the perfect vantage point for Western Australia’s spectacular coastline. But if you’re looking for things to do in Perth this weekend, have a little think about hot air ballooning over Avon Valley. But don’t think too hard about it! It’s not only worth the view, but the whole experience will take your breath away. From the exquisite sunrise over lush rural fields, to the champagne and hot breakfast after the flight. Breakfast date anyone?
Things to do in Perth with kids
If you’ve got a whole lotta little ones to entertain, then you may be looking for things to do in Perth with kids. With the range of perth activities available, RedBalloon really does cater to all ages. Penguin Island on a glass bottom boat cruise will certainly bring out the giggles. They’ll love spotting the dolphins as they swim past and the lounging seals on Seal Island. What about defying gravity? Serving 10 people at one time, the whole family can have a go on the supervised bungee trampoline and flying trapeze workshop. So if you have no idea on what to do in Perth, you can be rest assured that you’ll always find a wonderful treat on RedBalloon.
Discover these Perth activities plus plenty more things to do in WA on RedBalloon. You’ll be spoilt for choice with a range of experiences in Rottnest Island, Margaret River, Regional WA and plenty more destinations.