Fun things to do on the Gold Coast
Whether you’re a local or just visiting, there is so much to see and do on the Gold Coast. At RedBalloon you’ll find a range of experiences perfect for exploring the city, things to do at night plus family activities you can do with the kids. You’ll never be stuck finding fun things to do on the Gold Coast again with our range of experiences. We’ve curated a list of some of the best Gold Coast activities to help make finding the best experience for you easy.
- Gold Coast hot air balloon flight: Float among the clouds whilst the sun rises and enjoy breathtaking views of the city below. Watch the world wake up as the sun reflects on the rolling hills and waterways of this stunning location. This is one of the best things to do in Gold Coast that also ticks off a bucket-list worthy experience!
- Gold Coast V8 jet boat ride: Dose up on your adrenaline as you thunder past iconic Gold Coast attractions on a V8 jet boat. Travelling at speeds of up to 80km/h, you will get your heart pounding as your skipper performs gnarly fish tails, wave surfing, beach blasting and 360-degree spins.
- Sunset sailing catamaran experience: Spend two amazing hours sailing the beautiful Gold Coast Broadwater at sunset, watching the orange sky turn purple and finally black as the city lights begin to twinkle. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views while sipping on a complimentary glass of bubbly, beer or soft drink.
- 2 hours of TopGolf game play for up to 6 people: Challenge your friends and family to a tee-rific game of golf… with a twist! At Topgolf, you’ll hit microchipped golf balls into giant dart-like targets while the computer automatically keeps score. Suitable for beginners through to aspiring pros, there’s a range of games for all ability levels.
- Gin and rum distillery tour with lunch and tastings: Discover the incredible flavours of gin and rum and soak up the beautiful rural location as you tour behind the scenes of Husk Distillery. Chauffeured in a luxury vehicle, you will then savour a delicious two course lunch at Mavis’ Kitchen before indulging in a cocktail or two at Paper Daisy.
- Skypoint Day climb: SkyPoint Climb is one of the top must-do Gold Coast activities lasting 90 minutes and featuring an awe-inspiring open air adventure. It is located atop one of Queensland’s most recognised landmarks, the iconic Q1 Tower. Rising 270 metres into the sky, you’ll experience unparalleled views of the Gold Coast.
Gold Coast attractions
There are plenty of Gold Coast attractions that are worth ticking off your list whilst visiting. This city is known for its beautiful beaches, surfing spots, inland canals and is home to the best theme parks in the country. Some of the best Gold Coast activities include Sea World, Movie World, Dreamworld, Wet’n’Wild, SkyPoint, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Springbrook National Park, Burleigh Heads, Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise and so much more.
What is special about Gold Coast?
There is so much to the Gold Coast that makes this popular beachside city so special, both to locals and tourists. It’s known for its subtropical climate, surrounding rainforest hinterland, high-rise dominated skyline and uninterrupted coastlines. It’s a primer holiday destination, especially for families given its theme park attractions, child-friendly activities and beaches. There are so many things to do on the Gold Coast that make it special from its water sports and thrill rides, to its culinary scene and accommodation packages.
Kids activities Gold Coast
If you’re looking for things to do in Gold Coast with kids, RedBalloon has the perfect range of experiences to keep the whole family entertained. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a holiday or looking for something to do with the kids on the weekend, you’ll be spoilt for choice for kids activities. Some of the best Gold Coast experiences perfect for kids or the whole family include:
- Movie World, Sea World and Wet’n’Wild 3 day pass: Enjoy three full days of family fun! Get below the surface to discover a world of fun and adventure at Sea World. Take on Movie World’s adrenaline-fuelled rides and meet your favourite superheroes, then wash the day away with a visit to Wet ‘n’ Wild! You’re guaranteed to keep the kids entertained all day long, making it one of the best kids activities, Gold Coast wide.
- Zipline adventure at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: Calling all thrill-seeking kids! An exhilarating aerial adventure awaits at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, with 80 treetop challenges and 11 ziplines that are spread across five awesome courses. The kids can reach speeds of up to 70km/ph as they soar high above the treetops and some of the animal enclosures.
- Go karting, laser tag and indoor climbing combo: Get ready for non-stop fun! A great day out for the whole family, this indoor games venue has something for everyone. This pack includes 1 session of electric go karting, 1 lazer tag game and 1 climbing session. A great rainy day activity, this venue will provide you with hours of entertainment for the kids.
- Gold Coast magic show: At this incredible magic show, you’ll witness the impossible with unbelievable acts of levitation, sawing people in half and effects that will shock, stun and amaze you with an action packed evening of unforgettable entertainment. Get the whole family together and enjoy a truly magical experience.
How long is Surfers Paradise Beach?
Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise Beach is 3km long and found between Broadbeach and Main Beach. This is a lifeguard patrolled beach which makes it the perfect destination for surfers, swimmers, families and all other beach-goers. It’s set against the city backdrop and is surrounded by plenty of entertainment, shops and restaurants.
Now that you’ve ticked off all the fun things to do on the Gold Coast, why not venture up to Brisbane and discover everything to do in the state’s capital. From dining cruises and winery tours, to Story Bridge climb and driving experiences, there is so much to see and do in Brisbane on RedBalloon.
Discover these things to do in Gold Coast plus plenty more experiences around Queensland on RedBalloon. Whether you’re visiting the sunshine state or a local, you’ll find experiences in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Tropical Far North Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef, plus plenty more locations.