Unique Melbourne experiences
RedBalloon offers some of the best and most memorable unique Melbourne experiences that are the perfect gift idea for any occasion. Some of the top Melbourne experiences to gift include:
- Shark diving at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Hot air balloon ride over Melbourne CBD
- Skydive over St Kilda beach
- Yarra River luxury high tea cruise
- V8 hot laps experience At Sandown Raceway
- Mornington Peninsula 2 Course lunch or dinner
Fun things to do in Melbourne
There are so many things to do in Melbourne, but really, that’s an understatement. It’s no secret that this city is the cultural capital of Australia, with Sydney coming up as a close second (shhhh, don’t tell them). There’s a plethora of art galleries and performance spaces scattered all over town, so much so that you’ll never be at a loss at what to do in Melbourne. But you don’t even have to visit a gallery to be totally immersed in art. All you have to do is walk down a side lane to discover an installation piece, stylistic graffiti and beautiful architecture – all of these on your way for a bite to eat! As you can imagine, the places to visit in Melbourne are endless, and don’t all reside in the CBD as most would think. Its neighbouring suburbs are equally adventurous like Fitzroy and St. Kilda.
There are nooks and crannies of goodness everywhere you turn, everywhere you look. And the most fun things to do in Melbourne are the spontaneous activities we find ourselves doing. But for a more planned day filled with exhilarating Melbourne activities, our range of fun things to do will keep you busy all day long! Even the locals will find an amazing range of experiences they'll want to enjoy in the heart of Melbourne. From hot air ballooning and day spas, to indulging high teas and romantic getaways, you'll find an experience perfect for creating unforgettable memories in Melbourne. What better way to celebrate a special someone's birthday or milestone moment than with an incredible experience in this vibrant city.
What are the best Melbourne experiences?
If you’re looking for things to do in Melbourne on the weekend or looking for the ultimate activity to enjoy with friends, our range of Melbourne experiences has something for every occasion. Some of the best things to do in Melbourne include:
- Sunset cruise with buffet dinner and drinks: Treat your eyes, mouth and stomach to a delightful buffet dinner cruise on Melbourne’s Yarra River. Indulge in a two course feast complemented with free-flowing beer, wine and soft drink as you soak in the sights of the city and bay. There’s also a DJ on board to have you dancing into the night!
- Holey Moley mini golf with cocktails and pizza for 2 people: Get ready to putt your stuff at Holey Moley, a mini-golf course and bar that turns traditional putt putt into a multi-sensory labyrinth of unique holes! Enjoy live tunes, cocktails on arrival and a delicious stone-baked pizza to share, on top of nine holes of pop culture-themed fun!
- Sunset zoo safari with African dining and performances: Werribee Open Range Zoo takes the zoo game to a whole new level. In this experience you’ll enjoy a sunset safari with some of the world‘s most iconic animals, hear African drum beats and watch an exciting performance while dining on delicious African-inspired cuisine.
- Midweek urban airstream stay with mini golf for 2 people: Enjoy a midweek getaway in the heart of Melbourne. Part boutique hotel, part airstream park, spend one night in one of six designer Airstreams fitted out with modern luxuries, including a queen bed and ensuite. Your stay includes complimentary beer, wine and snacks, mini golf, Netflix and more!
- 2 course steakhouse lunch with a drink for 2 people: Indulge in a shared lunch experience for two with this specially created two course menu, featuring premium cuts of beef, calamari and chicken. Enjoy two glasses of selected wine, beer or soft drink, this shared lunch experience will surely satisfy your taste-buds.
Let’s not forget the little people! The options for fun things to do in Melbourne with kids are endless, from museum hopping, ultimate milkshake hunting to booking a RedBalloon thrilling Eureka Skydeck and the Edge Experience. This is sure to get the heart racing, and we’re not talking just the kids either. And for a little nostalgia for parents and a whole lot of extra fun kids activities Melbourne, you just can’t go past Luna Park. And for even more exciting things to do in Melbourne at night, you’ll want to treat the family to a RedBalloon Roar ‘n’ Snore. This is a spectacular sleepover at Melbourne Zoo where you and the kids can pat and feed the animals at night. After seeing the excitement on their little faces you’ll quickly understand that this experience is one of the best things to do in Melbourne.
There are plenty of amazing Melbourne attractions and experiences on offer at RedBalloon! Don’t know which one to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product in Melbourne including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Discover these Melbourne experiences and plenty more things to do in Victoria on RedBalloon. You’ll discover some of the best activities and gift ideas all around the state including in the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Great Ocean Road, Daylesford and plenty more destinations.