Wild Animal Encounters
Have you always wanted to see some of the most breathtaking and magical creatures in the wild? Now you can with the range of wild animal encounters at RedBalloon. From whale watching and dolphin cruises, to penguin feeding and koala encounters, there is no better way to get up close to your favourite furry friends, mammals, marine life and plenty more animals.
What are the best wild animal encounters?
Come face to face with some of the most magnificent creatures in their natural environment with the wild animal encounters on RedBalloon. There is something truly magical about witnessing animals in the wild and being able to get up close and personal with them. Some of the best wild animal encounters include:
- Moreton Bay cruise with dolphin feeding and desert safari: Spend the day exploring Moreton Island, and take a desert safari tour to explore the dunes, before joining a local Eco Ranger at dusk to hand feed a member of the wild dolphin family. This is the perfect wild animal encounter for seeing dolphins up close in their natural habitat and you’ll never forget having the opportunity to feed wild dolphins!
- Kangaroo Island wildlife discovery day tour for 2 people: Get an introduction to Kangaroo Island life – the wildlife, food, wine and rugged landscapes. Travelling by 4WD you’ll get to explore and bushwalk through parts of Cygnet Valley and the Stokes Bay region. You’ll find plenty of kangaroos, seals and wallabies and koalas along the way, making this an unforgettable animal experience!
- Dolphin and seal watching cruise: Join in on the fun and excitement of visiting Port Phillip Bay to experience its seals and dolphins in their natural environment! Just off the coast of Sorrento, you will have the chance to see these amazing creatures at their playful best.
- Glass bottom boat cruise and penguin feeding: Take a five minute ferry across to Penguin Island and be transported to a world of crystal clear waters and beautiful wildlife! Explore the sights with a 45 minute glass bottom cruise around the island, watch penguin feeding, enjoy a swim and relax!
What type of animal encounters does RedBalloon offer?
RedBalloon offers some of the best animal counters Australia has to offer. Whether you’re want to dive into the underwater marine life, get up close to furry friends or feed your favourite animal, you’ll find the best animal experiences on RedBalloon. You’ll find a variety of animal encounters, including:
- Shark diving at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium: Experience the thrill of coming face-to-face with a shark, one of the most feared creatures of the deep. Take the plunge inside SEA LIFE Sydney’s Oceanarium and also encounter giant stingrays and hundreds of exotic fish on this guided dive tour.
- Hippo Encounter at Adelaide Zoo: You don’t have to travel to Africa to hang with a hippo! Get up close and personal with a hippopotamus during a hippo close encounter tour at this zoo in Adelaide. Also included is day admission to the zoo so you can check out the many other amazing animals from around the world!
- Off road animal safari at Werribee Open Range Zoo for 2 people: Experience your own African adventure with the animal encounters at werribee zoo, including an off road safari. You will be completely immersed in the sights, smells and sounds of the savannah as you travel across the Zoo’s open plains. This is truly an unforgettable experience, only 30 minutes from the centre of Melbourne.
- Tasmanian Devil encounter with shared platter: Wander through the pristine Cradle Mountain Forest home to the iconic Tasmanian devil and visit the wildlife sanctuary where you will have a unique opportunity to get up close and personal to these mysterious creatures. Enjoy a delicious Tasmanian grazing board as you learn more about them! Tick off one of the most unique Australian wildlife encounters from your bucket list.
- Softfoot sanctuary Alpaca farm tour: Head to the picturesque Softfoot Sanctuary to meet and feed their friendly alpacas, see the authentic working shearing shed and learn about alpaca fibre production. Jump in an ATV buggy to cruise around the 650 acre wildlife park property, searching for wild kangaroos and koalas along the way.
Where can you see animals in Australia?
There are plenty of locations around Australia that offer amazing animal encounters. You can also find these experiences on RedBalloon, making it easier for you to find the perfect encounter for you. Discover a range of animal encounters at zoos, aquariums and wildlife sanctuaries including Werribee Zoo, Taronga Zoo, Adelaide Zoo, Sea Life Sydney, Melbourne and Sunshine Coast, Cairns Aquarium, Devils at Cradle, Monarto Safari Park, plus plenty more locations.
You can also find plenty of wild animal encounters on RedBalloon too. See these creatures in their natural habitat with experiences in Sorrento, Penguin Island, Moreton Bay, Phillip Island, Granite Island, Kangaroo Island, Exmouth and plenty more locations around Australia.
Discover these encounters plus plenty more from the RedBalloon range of animal experiences. These are the perfect experiences if you’re looking for something to do on the weekend, activities for the kids or even a gift for the nature-lover in your life.
If you’re brave enough, why not experience the most thrilling animal encounter on offer! Come face-to-face with a shark, one of the most feared creatures of the ocean. RedBalloon offers a range of shark dives including cage, open waters and aquarium experiences so you can dive head first into the ultimate animal experience.
If you loved our range of animal encounters, why not discover our range of zoo and aquarium experiences. Find experiences at Taronga Zoo, the National Zoo, Monarto Safari Park, Sea Life Aquarium, Adelaide Zoo, Werribee Zoo, Australia Zoo, plus plenty more wildlife sanctuaries.