Things to do at home
If you’re looking for things to do at home whilst staying safe during these exceptional times, then browse through the RedBalloon range of experiences at home. You’ll find a variety of fun, child-friendly and online experiences that are the perfect way to pass the time whilst we stay safe at home. Our ‘real-world’ experiences are waiting for you once the time is ready so in the meantime you can still enjoy the world of experiences from the comfort of your own home. With plenty of experiences to choose from including online painting classes to pasta making kits, you won’t be short of ways to keep yourself, your roommates or family entertained!
There are plenty of ways to keep the kids busy whilst staying at home. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for something the whole family can enjoy, fun kids activities or even a birthday present they can enjoy at home! Some of the best things to do at home with kids include:
- Online hula hoop lesson: Looking for a fun at home family bonding activity? Grab some hoops and together, learn the art of hula hooping from a professional circus performer. You’ll be moving those hips, engaging your muscles and laughing to your heart’s content. Who said staying home had to be boring!
- Kids D.I.Y chocolate art party kit: Looking for a great idea to celebrate a child’s birthday from your own home? Why not have a chocolate art party! All children love chocolate and this D.I.Y at home pack gives you everything you need to provide entertainment for up to 5 people in your house.
- Laser tag at home: Ditch the screens and let your kids run a muck as they have a blast playing this home delivered laser tag set. The game sees them split up into teams, each with a different coloured headband, and tagging their opponents with a phaser. This includes delivery Australia-wide and a returns label so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Cooking classes at home
If you’re looking for some ideas for fun things to do at home that can keep the adults entertained, why not try your hand at a cooking class. Not only will you get to learn a new skill but you’ll tantalise your taste buds with your delicious creations. There is no better time to learn something new or brush up on your cooking skills. Some of the best at home cooking classes include the online asian cooking course. Experience the smells, flavours and textures of Asia in your very own home during this 12 week online cook course. You will fall in love with cooking again as you connect with expert chefs during live demonstrations and learn the fundamentals of preparing and cooking traditional Asian dishes.
If you’re after a fun cooking experience that is a little more beginner, then a homemade pasta making kit is perfect! Send your senses on an Italian vacation as you learn how to make fresh homemade pasta in your very own kitchen. This kit is filled to the brim with all the essentials needed for a mouthwatering dish and includes a pasta making machine.
Pamper day at home
If you’ve been working from home, looking after the kids at home or simply in need of some ‘me time’, then why not treat yourself to a pamper day at home! Our range of luxurious hampers and treats are designed to help bring the pamper packages to you so you can relax and rejuvenate during these exceptional times. Some of the best experiences at home to indulge in include:
- Pamper pack with heat pillow, eye pillow and soap mask: Let this heat pillow take away your aches and pains, and escape from the world with a linen eye pillow. They’re filled with a soothing blend of rosemary, juniper berries and rose petals so they smell divine. The goats milk soap is enriched with shea butter for a luxurious shower experience.
- Pamper hamper with Chardonnay: this deluxe pamper package in a box will reward yourself or someone else to some well deserved time-out. Picture soaking in a bath, popping open a bottle of Chardonnay and savouring delicious chocolate treats. Sounds heavenly right?
Mother’s Day experiences
With Mother’s Day fast approaching, you might be wondering what you can give your mum to show her how important she is to you. Why not gift her an experience at home so she can still celebrate her special day. With gin packs and virtual cellar door tours to at home wine and food pairing experiences, you’ll find plenty of Mother’s Day experiences to gift her this year. For more inspiration, discover our entire range of Mother’s Day gifts and why not give her an experience to look forward to when the time’s right!
It can be hard for those with an upcoming birthday to celebrate at the moment. Why not make their day a little more special with an experience at home? They might not be able to celebrate with their family or friends so gift them a fun, enriching experience they can enjoy on their special day at home. From pasta making kits to at home glamping experiences, you’ll find plenty of ideas to help celebrate their birthday whilst staying safe! For more ideas, discover our entire range of birthday gifts for experiences they can look forward to when the moment is right.
Is a special man in your life celebrating a special occasion soon? Whether it’s his birthday, anniversary or any other important milestone, you don’t want to miss it! Even though you might not be able to celebrate with him in person, it doesn’t mean you can’t show that you’re thinking of him! Send him an experience at home to enjoy and help make his day memorable. From whisky blending kits to online comedy shows, you’ll find plenty of things to do at home to gift him. Or if you’re looking for more inspiration, discover our range of gifts for men and give him an experience he can get excited for.
Whether it’s your mum, sister, wife, daughter, friend or anyone in between, you don’t want to forget their special occasion that might be coming up. Instead gift them an experience they can enjoy at home, which shows you’ve put a lot of thought into making their day a little brighter. From luxurious hampers to at home wine blending workshops, find the perfect experience for her to enjoy now! For more ideas, discover our range of gifts for women and treat her to an experience she can look forward to soon.
As a couple
If you are looking for gift ideas for couples, it might be hard to find something to give them at the moment. Why not send them an experience at home they can enjoy together? From at home gourmet takeaway meals to homemade ice cream maker kits, there are plenty of gifts they can enjoy whilst staying safe at home. For more inspiration, discover our entire range of gifts for couples and browse experiences they duo can look forward to when the time is right.
Are you looking for more self-isolation inspiration or need ideas to help curb your cabin fever? Check out our blogs about productive things to do indoors and staff picks from experiences at home range to discover what some of the RedBalloon team have said is on the top of their to-do list during this quarantine period. You can also find plenty of ideas for virtual gifts, quarantine gifts and plenty of school holiday activities to keep the kids entertained at home! Or let us help you find some great home date ideas to keep the romance alive.