Barossa Valley things to do
The Barossa Valley is a renowned wine region located only an hours’ drive from Adelaide in South Australia. The region encompasses a number of towns such as Mannum, Nuriootpa and Angaston and is also neighbours to Eden Valley, another wine-producing area. RedBalloon offers plenty of amazing things to do in Barossa Valley, perfect for those looking for a day trip, mini getaway or an experience to do whilst passing through.
A Barossa Valley activity is also the perfect gift idea for someone who lives in SA or is planning on visiting. Whether they are celebrating a special occasion, birthday, Christmas or anything in between, gifting them a Barossa Valley attraction or experience will be a memorable present they will love! It’s the perfect way for letting them enjoy this beautiful part of the country!
Top 5 things to do in Barossa Valley from RedBalloon
Whether you’re a local or visitor, the Barossa Valley activities available on RedBalloon are exciting and memorable, with something for everyone. Our top-selling things to do in the region include:
- Wine tasting tour
- Sunrise hot air balloon flight
- Weekend getaway
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Lunch and wine paring experience
Romantic things to do in Barossa Valley
RedBalloon offers a variety of romantic Barossa Valley things to do that are perfect to spoil your loved one with. Whether it is a special occasion or you simply want to surprise them with a lovely gesture, there are plenty of experiences for 2. These activities are the perfect way for ticking off the best Barossa Valley attractions whilst still spending quality time together. To help find the most romantic experiences in the region, listed below are ideas that will truly indulge your loved one whilst in the Barossa.
- Hot air ballooning: send them sky high with a sunrise hot air balloon flight over the region. This is the perfect way to enjoy all the Barossa Valley attractions from a birds eye view as you watch the world wake up below. If you purchase two vouchers you can to enjoy the flight together and be in awe by some of the region’s most prestigious wineries and finish with a delicious cooked ‘Barossa’ breakfast.
- Wine tasting: treat their taste buds to some of the best wine in the region including boutique cellar doors and award-winning wineries. The two of you can sip and savour local produce, find your perfect vino and maybe even buy a bottle to take home with you!
- Getaway: make it the ultimate weekend away and treat your partner to an accommodation package. You can enjoy a romantic escape in the Barossa that comes with inclusions like breakfast, wine tastings, dinners and more.
What is Barossa Valley famous for?
The Barossa Valley is a internationally famous wine region in South Australia and is primarily known for its Shiraz, a type of red wine. It is home to some of the oldest vines in the world, making it a premier wine region. The Barossa region includes both the Barossa Valley and Eden Valleys, and includes both warm and cool climate growing conditions. As a result it offers a diversity of styles including Shiraz, Grenache, Mataro, Cabernet Sauvignon, Semillon vines plus more.
Now that you’ve got your Barossa Valley activities booked, why not explore the rest of South Australia and experience everything this state has to offer. Discover a wide range of new and exciting things to do in Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, McLaren Vale plus so many more areas in SA.