Great Ocean Road
As one of the world’s most scenic coastal drives, there is so much to see and explore on the Great Ocean Road. This Australian National Heritage listed 243km stretch of road is along the south-eastern coast of Australia. Pack your bags and set off on the ultimate road trip across this breath-taking and world-famous part of Victoria. You’ll get to tick off all the best Great Ocean Road attractions whilst also enjoying spectacular scenery, outdoor activities, local produce and so much more. From scenic helicopter rides and exhilarating skydives, to day tours and getaway packages, there are so many things to do on the Great Ocean Road. With the RedBalloon range of experiences, you’re guaranteed to enjoy everything this region has to offer.
Things to do on the Great Ocean Road from RedBalloon
Whether you’re a visitor or a local looking to explore their own backyard, there is so many things to do on the Great Ocean Road. From exhilarating adventures to Great Ocean Road tours, you’ll find the perfect experience for you on RedBalloon. Some of our best-selling Great Ocean Road activities include:
- Tandem skydive over the Great Ocean Road: have you always wanted to experience the exhilaration of freefall and the adrenaline rush of tandem skydiving? Now you can with the highest jump in Australia! Take the ultimate leap with an instructor from up to 15,000ft in the sky and experience a staggering 60 seconds of freefall over one of the most scenic locations in the country.
- Private surfing lesson: this Surf Academy is rated #1 on the Great Ocean Road. Learn to surf with the most qualified and experienced surf coaches on the Surf Coast. This one on one session runs for two hours and is completely tailored to the individual and level of ability.
- 2 night Torquay getaway with late checkout: escape to Torquay for a relaxing two night getaway. After a day of exploring all the nearby beaches and sights of the Great Ocean Road, unwind in your room with a complimentary movie and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream! To help you make the most of your stay, enjoy a late 12pm checkout.
- The ultimate Great Ocean Road helicopter flight for 2 people: experience a trip of a lifetime in this helicopter flight over the Great Ocean Road. Depart from Barwon Heads Airport and fly coastal along the Surf Coast following the Great Ocean Road to Lorne, taking in the breath-taking views and fantastic photo opportunities.
Great Ocean Road tours
If you’re looking for ways to explore the Great Ocean Road attractions then a RedBalloon tour is the way to go. These packages take care of everything for you so you can simply soak up the stunning landscapes and sightseeing along the way. Whether you’re after a day trip, 2 day getaway or any other Great Ocean Road tour, you’ll find the right package for you on RedBalloon. One of our customers’ favourite experiences is the discover the icons of the Great Ocean Road tour. This package will let you discover the picturesque vistas, natural landmarks and tourist attractions of the Great Ocean Road during this day tour. Guided by a local with knowledge of the hidden spots as well as the tourist must-sees, you’ll visit Bells beach, the 12 Apostles, walk through rainforests, taste chocolates and more!
Another amazing Great Ocean Road tour is the sunset package. Experience roaring surf, enchanting rainforest and majestic rock formations as you travel along the famous Great Ocean Road. Explore the Great Otway and Port Campbell National Parks on a day of extraordinary contrasts and unforgettable scenery. With so many things to do on the Great Ocean Road, there is no better way to see it all then with a tour package with everything organised for you!
Most popular Great Ocean Road attractions
There are plenty of amazing Great Ocean Road attractions that are worth exploring whilst visiting this part of Australia. Whether you’re a Victorian, travelling from interstate or a tourist, these attractions will amaze anyone. The best way to enjoy these Great Ocean Road attractions is with a RedBalloon experience. Some of the best sights to see include:
- The 12 Apostles
- Gibson Steps
- Memorial Arch
- Bells Beach
- Loch Ard Gorge
- London Bridge
- Bay of Islands
- Bay of Martyrs
- Great Otway National Park
- Port Campbell National Parks
- Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve
- Apollo Bay
With our range of experiences and things to do, you can tick off the best Great Ocean Road attractions from your must-see list. Don’t know which experience to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product on the Great Ocean Road including any accommodation available onRedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Now that you’ve got your Great Ocean Road trip booked in, why not explore the rest of the state? There is so much to see and do in Victoria that are definitely worth ticking off your list at the same time. Discover an amazing range of experiences in the Yarra Valley, the Mornington Peninsula and more destinations.
If you’re visiting the Great Ocean Road, we definitely recommend exploring Victoria’s capital city whilst you are there. There are so many amazing things to do in Melbourne from fine dining restaurants to exhilarating flying experiences, you’ll be able to enjoy everything this vibrant city has to offer.