Things to do in Mornington
There are so many things to do Mornington Peninsula wide, perfect for both locals, visitors and tourists. Located south of Melbourne, there are so many activities and attractions abound across this peninsula. Whether you are after a romantic getaway, indulgent dining experience, relaxing spa package, animal encounter, outdoor activity or anything in between, RedBalloon offers some of the best Mornington Peninsula things to do.
What are the best Mornington Peninsula things to do?
If you’re looking for some of the top things to do in Mornington Peninsula, then RedBalloon is the perfect place to look. If you’re a local, you’ll find experiences perfect to do on the weekend or if you’re visiting, there are plenty of activities to tick off your list. You’ll never be short of ideas but to help make finding the perfect experience easy, we’ve curated a list of the top things to do.
- Mornington Peninsula hot springs and breakfast, pizza or graze platter for 2 people: Clear your schedule and recharge your batteries at the award-winning Peninsula Hot Springs, located less than 90 minutes from Melbourne. A retreat from the busyness of life, relax and unwind with all day access entry to the Bath House. This is one of the best things to do in Mornington if you’re looking to take a break from the daily grind and indulge in a rejuvenating experience.
- Tree surfing and beer tasting adventure for 2 people: Zip, swing and fly through the high ropes course at the Enchanted Adventure Garden, then wander the mazes, ride the giant tube slides or simply admire the gardens. Afterwards, make your own way to the award winning Mornington Peninsula Brewery to enjoy a beer tasting paddle.
- Horse riding on St Andrews Beach: A popular activity in Melbourne is to go horse riding along an ocean beach on the Mornington Peninsula. No experience is necessary and it doesn’t matter if you have never ridden before. For many, riding a beautiful horse along a pristine ocean beach is a once in a lifetime adventure. It is one of the top Mornington Peninsula activities if you love getting outdoors and enjoying nature!
- Swim with dolphins and seals: To swim with dolphins and seals at Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula is to feel earth’s greatest moments. In their natural habitat, south of Melbourne, you can watch these creatures, hear them, and delight in them. The resident dolphins and seals of Port Phillip Bay can’t wait to meet you!
- 3 course lunch or dinner with wine and trio pack for 2 people: Indulge in a sumptuous three course lunch or dinner with wine at the stunning Woodman Estate. The menu, featuring the best local produce and inspired by elegant French cuisine, is sure to impress, as will the beautiful setting. Sip on a glass of wine as you soak up your tranquil surroundings.
- 2 night coastal getaway with breakfast for 2 people: Escape the city grind and unwind at the Peninsula. This accommodation package for two includes 2 nights in a luxury room at the boutique Flinders Hotel. With privacy and luxury; this stay is a great mini break, and you can enjoy gourmet breakfast the next day! It is also the perfect way to enjoy the area and experience all the amazing Mornington Peninsula things to do.
What is there to do on the Mornington Peninsula in the winter?
There is so much to enjoy on the Mornington Peninsula in winter. In particular one of the best activities to do in winter that the area is famous for is the Peninsula Hot Springs. On RedBalloon, you’ll find a variety of hot spring packages available that are the best way to soak up this experience in winter. You’ll discover hot springs and food packages, getaway packages, pamper packages and plenty more Mornington Peninsula hot springs experiences.
If you’re visiting the Mornington Peninsula in winter, we also recommend booking one of the RedBalloon accommodation packages. These relaxing getaways are designed to let you unwind with your plus one. It is perfect to enjoy in winter when you can go at your own pace and explore the region however you want.
How far is Mornington Peninsula from Melbourne CBD?
The Mornington Peninsula is only located 90 minutes from Melbourne, making it the perfect day trip. You can easily drive down, enjoy some of the best things to do Mornington Peninsula before heading back to Melbourne later that day. Alternatively, it is also the perfect destination to turn into a mini getaway and spending a couple of days there to soak up everything the peninsula has to offer.
How do I get to Mornington Peninsula?
The easiest way to get to the Mornington Peninsula from Melbourne is by driving as it is only 1.5 hours. Alternatively there are a few public transport options but these aren’t as quick or easy. You can take the train from Southern Cross Station in Melbourne to Frankston, then connect through to Hastings to Stony point on Western Port Bay.
With our range of experiences and things to do, you can tick off the best Mornington Peninsula attractions from your must-see list. Don’t know which experience to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product within Mornington Peninsula including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Once you have enjoyed all the things to do in Mornington, why not venture up to Melbourne and tick off some of the must-do experiences in the state’s capital city. From fine dining and flying experiences to water sports and v8 driving, there are so many experiences to enjoy in Melbourne at RedBalloon.
Discover these Mornington Peninsula activities and plenty more experiences from the RedBalloon range of things to do in Victoria. There are so many amazing destinations to discover across the state including Melbourne, the Yarra Valley, Daylesford, Hepburn Springs, the Great Ocean Road and plenty more locations.