Sunshine Coast attractions
Located north of Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast is home to 100kms of pristine coastline, beautiful beaches and famous towns including Noosa, Mooloolaba, Maroochydore and Caloundra. There are so many things to do on the Sunshine Coast and plenty of attractions to tick off your list whilst visiting. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Queenslander, visiting from interstate or travelling from overseas, you’ll never get bored of discovering the Sunshine Coast and everything it has to offer.
What is Sunshine Coast famous for?
The Sunshine Coast is renowned for its beach resorts, surf spots and coastline, surrounding hinterland, coastal towns and national parks. It is also home to some amazing wildlife sanctuaries including Australia Zoo, home of the crocodile hunter, and Sea Life Aquarium. On top of that, it is also home to Aussie World, Noosa National Park and some of the best beaches in the state. You can discover plenty of these Sunshine Coast attractions with the experiences available on RedBalloon. It is the easiest way to explore this part of Queensland and tick off the best things to do on the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast activities
There are so many things to do Sunshine Coast wide, perfect for both locals and tourists. Whether you’re looking for an exciting outdoor activity, water sport, something for the kids to enjoy or a getaway package, you’ll find it all on RedBalloon. Some of the best Sunshine Coast activities include:
- SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast entry pass: SEA LIFE Mooloolaba is an all-weather visitor attraction located in the heart of the Sunshine Coast and now has more creatures to see and things to do than ever before. At the much loved aquarium you can learn, explore and interact with thousands of marine life over 16 amazing and unique zones.
- Tandem skydive over Sunshine Coast: Experience 30 seconds of free fall from an incredible 10,000ft! See stunning scenery, feel the wind gushing past you at 200km/h, and enjoy the peace of gliding under a parachute to a beach landing. This skydiving Sunshine Coast experience is perfect for thrill-seekers looking to see the city from a whole new perspective.
- Ocean dive with sharks: This is one of the best things to do Sunshine Coast if you’re not afraid of getting up close and personal with the most feared creatures of the water. Head out to sea and enter shark infested waters for the dive of a lifetime – without a cage. You’ll embark on a scenic glass bottom boat ride out to a secret reef off Mooloolaba and take the ultimate plunge, coming face-to-face with grey nurse sharks.
- Aussie World entry with unlimited rides: Spend a fun-filled, action-packed day out at Aussie World on the Sunshine Coast. You’ll have access to all the rides, and there is something for everyone. From a tea party ride for small children, to the giant slide and water wars, the whole family will be happy!
- Hands on flying lesson: Take to the skies in Caloundra for a 30 minute flying lesson in a low wing sports plane. At the end of your flight, take home an SD card with HD footage of your experience. There is one of the best ways to explore all the Sunshine Coast attractions from a birds eye view.
- High ropes and flying fox adventure: Take on 100 sky-high challenges and 12 ziplines stretched across eight acres of pristine rainforest. Hang about in the trees, climb the ladders, balance on the suspended bridges and race down flying foxes. There’s five epic courses to tackle, ranging from easy to extreme.
Can you catch a train from Brisbane to Sunshine Coast?
There are a few easy ways to get to the Sunshine Coast from Brisbane. It is only an 1hr and 30 minute drive, making it the perfect day trip destination. Alternatively you can get the train from Brisbane’s Central Station to Nambour in the Sunshine Coast.
How far is Gold Coast from Sunshine Coast?
The Gold Coast is roughly a 2 hour and 20 minute drive from the Sunshine Coast, making it easy to do as a day trip. There are a few public transport options including buses but they aren’t as easy as driving.
How far is Sunshine Coast from Brisbane Airport?
Brisbane Airport is the nearest International Airport to the Sunshine Coast and you can either hire a car or get a shuttle bus between the two. It is roughly an 1hour and 20 minute drive from that airport to the Sunshine Coast. Alternatively there is also a domestic airport at the Sunshine Coast which provides many options to get to your accommodation. You will find some great getaway packages on RedBalloon including family accommodation, seaside escapes, eco-glamping, Hinterland retreats and more.
Discover all these things to do Sunshine Coast and plenty more experiences across Queensland on RedBalloon. You’ll be never short of ideas or activities in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Tropical Far North Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef and plenty more destinations.
Now that you have ticked off plenty of Sunshine Coast activities, why not venture down to Brisbane and discover everything the state’s capital has to offer. From fine dining restaurants and brewery tours, to V8 driving and scenic cruises, there are so many things to do in Brisbane no matter what your interests.