Fun things to do in Sydney
If you’ve been living here almost all your life and still can’t think of things to do in Sydney you’re not alone. The funny thing is, when friends from out of town ask locals what to do in Sydney we’re simply full of great, creative ideas and can easily list all the wonderful Sydney attractions to explore. But when it comes to entertaining ourselves or taking our own kids out on the town, all of a sudden, ideas and places to visit in Sydney become much of a blur.
Whether you’re a local or visitor, looking for things to do in Sydney with kids can sometimes seem like an impossible task without spending a bunch of money. But there are so many exciting Sydney activities that you can do within your budget, especially great when there are other fun activities you plan on doing that will cost a bit more. RedBalloon have inexpensive experiences starting from $20 and low price kids activities from $25. But if you really want to make a day of it, treat the family and see Sydney from new heights on top of the coat hanger with a RedBalloon bridge climb. This experience is certainly one to write home about, with children as young as eight able to climb with a paying adult. Not only will it be ultra exhilarating seeing everything from way up high, it’s one of the most spectacular vantage points of this sunny city and sure to build on those special memories.
What are fun things to do in Sydney with kids?
- Koala Encounter and breakfast at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo: Eat breakfast alongside one of Australia’s cutest marsupials! Breakfast with Koalas at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is a lovely way to get acquainted with this charming Australian icon. Seated amongst our interactive koala exhibit, you will learn about koalas while enjoying a delicious hot breakfast!
- High ropes climbing course with flying foxes: Slide down flying foxes, move from tree to tree on suspension bridges and jump from 20m up in Cumberland State Forest. This eco-friendly park provides a great day out for the whole family, and an exhilarating adrenaline rush!
- Jet boat ride on Sydney Harbour: Take in the renowned view of Sydney Harbour from a different perspective. Travel out to Sydney Heads on a state of the art jet boat and experience 360 degree spins, power-slides and wave-jumps. Hold on tight for the ride of your life!
Things to do in Sydney at night
If this is your first time in Sydney you may be interested to know that some of the most enchanting things to do in Sydney at night are right before your eyes. The sun has well and truly sunk into the world famous Sydney Harbour only to reveal the beautifully structured Harbour Bridge and Opera House under a moonlit sky. You could easily say that this is Sydney sightseeing at it’s very best. Just imagine marvelling at the iconic harbour bridge and her neighbouring epochal sister’s stunning sails. Witnessing this incredible backdrop at night is a must do in Sydney especially while sipping refreshing Australian sparkling wine and dining on fresh Australian seafood. The kids will also absolutely love the delicious fish and chips from the kids menu at one of Sydney’s finest restaurants curtailing Sydney’s spectacular harbour. Discover harbourside dining experiences such as 6 Head, Otto Ristorante, Gunners’ Barracks plus plenty more restaurants that are available on RedBalloon.
What are the best Sydney experiences?
There is so much to see and do in the capital city of New South Wales. Whether you’re a local looking for things to do in Sydney on the weekend or your a tourist visiting, you’ll find the best activities on RedBalloon. Some of the top Sydney experiences include:
- Sydney Harbour cruise with a 3 course lunch for 2 people: Get acquainted with Sydney’s spectacular harbour on this two hour lunch cruise. Seated on the upper restaurant deck, marvel at the multi-million dollar views as you savour a delicious three course menu that champions contemporary Australian cuisine.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb: Climb to the top of Sydney’s iconic Harbour Bridge! Experience a 3.5 hour guided journey to the top and see dazzling views of Sydney Harbour and the Opera House. Walk along the outer arch of the Bridge on catwalks and ladders all the way to the summit, 134 metres above Sydney Harbour!
- Sydney Harbour cruise with Taronga Zoo entry: The easy way to visit Sydney’s renowned Taronga Zoo, with regular departures throughout the day. Your pass includes a cruise to Taronga Zoo from Darling Harbour or Circular Quay, entry to Taronga Zoo and a Sky Safari cable car ride. When your visit to the Zoo is complete, enjoy a return cruise!
- Gunners’ Barracks traditional high tea for 2 people: Treat yourself to high tea at the beautiful Gunners’ Barracks tea room in Mosman. Sit inside the tea room or out on the terrace to soak in the stunning views over Sydney Harbour. You’ll enjoy a three-tier stand adorned with sandwiches, scones, pastries and cake – and of course, a cup of tea!
- Skydive over the beach up to 15,000ft: Experience a tandem skydive right above the beach! Freefall from up to 15,000ft for over 60 screaming seconds until your parachute opens, leaving you soaring for up to eight minutes over some of Australia’s most beautiful coastline.
If you loved the sound of our Sydney experiences, discover these and plenty more things to do in NSW. Discover an amazing range of experiences in the Hunter Valley, Blue Mountains, Byron Bay, South Coast and more destinations. You’ll never be stuck for things to do near you again!