Things to do in Rottnest
If you’re travelling to Western Australia or a local looking for something to do, we definitely recommending visiting Rottnest Island. Just off the shore from Perth, this area is known for its natural reserve, white sand beaches and is home to the famous Quokka. With our range of things to do on Rottnest Island, you’ll be able to explore the area from the sky, sea or land! So weather it’s your first time visiting or you’re a local, there are plenty of must-do Rottnest Island activities to experience today from RedBalloon.
What are the top things to do on Rottnest Island?
To help you tick off all the amazing things to do in Rottnest, we’ve pulled together a list of our top 5 experiences.
- If you’re looking for the best way to discover the Island, there is nothing more exhilarating then Skydiving Rottnest Island. Jump from between 8,000ft to 15,000ft and explore the Rottnest from a bird’s eye view! Not only do you get to enjoy an action-packed jump but you also get to marvel at the beautiful views before coming to land on the beach next to the crystal ocean.
- If you want to experience the best Rottnest Island tours, then jumping on board a cruise is just for you. With the RedBalloon range of catamarans, thrill rides, and tickets for the Rottnest ferry, there are plenty of different ways to tour the Island by sea. You can sit back, relax and discover the picturesque marine life and beaches. Some of the cruises even offer the option for snorkelling Rottnest Island, making the experience that much more magical.
- If you’re looking for the best way to explore the Island, then we recommend booking a bike ride with a ferry tour. You’ll feel the breeze in your hair as you cycle your way around the Island, discovering the amazing natural reserve and the breathtaking views from different vantage points. You can even ride to secluded bays and beaches which will make it feel like you are on your own private island for the day!
- For a truly spectacular experience, take to the sky and discover Rottnest Island from one of the best vantage points with a helicopter flight. This is a bucket list worthy experience that will treat you to magnificent views of the Island, it’s natural reserve and the surrounding crystal clear beaches. You’ll also get to enjoy views of Fremantle and the coastline before spending 3 hours relaxing on Rottnest.
- Last on our list is to take a photo with a Quokka! Regardless if you explore the island by bike, travel in by a helicopter or a boat, you definitely want to see the famous Quokkas that inhabit Rottnest. They can be found almost everywhere on the Island so if you see one make sure you get a photo but remember these are native animals so try not to disturb them in their natural environment.
What is Rottnest Island famous for?
Rottnest Island is a must visit place in Western Australia. It is famous for the Quokka, the cutest Australian wildlife but it is also known for its picturesque white sand beaches, bushland and nature. There are plenty of things to do on Rottnest Island that will let you discover all it’s beauty and the animal life on offer. With the RedBalloon range of experiences, you’ll be able to explore the Island from land, sea and air!
If you’re visiting Rottnest Island we definitely recommend stopping by Perth and exploring the state’s capital city for a few days. There are plenty of amazing things to do in Perth from scenic cruises in Fremantle to beachside getaway packages plus so much more.
Discover these Rottnest Island activities plus plenty more things to do in Western Australia on RedBalloon. You’ll be spoilt for choice with a range of experiences in Broome, the Margaret River, Regional WA and plenty more destinations.