Around Australia, there are some amazing indigenous tours that will provide you the opportunity to learn more about the rich culture of the First Australians. On RedBalloon, you’ll find a variety of Aboriginal cultural tours that let you experience their traditions, beliefs, landmarks and more. These experiences are rich with art and history that will leave you feeling inspired and interested in the Aboriginal community and culture. These experiences are perfect for both locals looking to gain a better understanding of their country and heritage as well as tourists who want to learn more about the history of Australia and the indigenous people.
You’ll find a diverse range of Aboriginal tours and cultural experiences on RedBalloon. To help make finding the right experience for you easier, we have curated a list of some of our customers favourites tours.
- Quad biking, sand boarding and Aboriginal culture tour: Explore the largest coastal sand dunes in the Southern Hemisphere on this quad bike tour around Stockton Beach. Ride from bush to beach, learn about the Aboriginal history of the land, and sand board down the sand dunes. Your experienced Aboriginal guide will spend time with you, helping you learn about the Aboriginal history and the ancient middens sites, explain traditional bush foods and medicines, and show you how to dig for water.
- Aboriginal cultural cruise and tour on Sydney Harbour: Set out on a cruise of Sydney Harbour with your friendly Indigenous crew. Sit back, enjoy the beautiful scenery while learning the Aboriginal names and meanings of significant landmarks. Discover the stories of the oldest culture on Earth and hear Aboriginal stories of the Eora, Cadigal, Guringai, Wangal and Wallumedegal people. You’ll visit Be-Lang-le-wool (Clark Island, National Park) where you’ll disembark to watch a traditional music and dance performance. A wonderful experience where you will learn about traditional Aboriginal culture straight from Indigenous people themselves!
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Experience: Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park is the ultimate place to experience Aboriginal heritage. Try your hand at throwing boomerangs and spears, listen to traditional stories, watch an Aboriginal dance performance and learn to weave a basket or even play the didgeridoo. Alternatively, you can just choose to sit back and relax as local native Aboriginal performers tell stories, give demonstrations and entertain you with traditional dances. Have ease of mind as you are picked up and dropped off from your hotel on this great day out.
- Cape Leveque and Aboriginal communities tour: Experience a fascinating day out in the town in the Dampier Peninsula to experience the remote coastal wilderness area of Cape Leveque and local Aboriginal Communities. During this indigenous tour, you’ll travel to Lombadina where the traditional owners will take you on a guided walk of their community. Following this is the remote Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm where you’ll enjoy chef prepared lunch and an insight into the Kimberly pearling industry. In the afternoon take time to cool off with a swim in Kooljaman. Swim in the turquoise water, relax and have a cup of tea at this idyllic location before returning to Broome.
- Royal Botanic Gardens Aboriginal heritage tour: Be welcomed into the ancestral lands of the Kulin nation during this guided tour, where you will gain insight into the rich history and thriving culture of the local people. The tour begins with a traditional smoking ceremony with your Aboriginal guide where you will learn more about their connection to plants and its traditional uses for food, tools and medicine. After an intimate and informative tour, enjoy a refreshing lemon myrtle tea as you gather together to share stories and discuss the significance of Aboriginal culture in Australia today.
The RedBalloon range of Aboriginal tours and cultural experiences are perfect for immersing yourself into the history, tradition, landmarks and meanings of the Australian indigenous communities. These experiences will leave you feeling enriched and educated on the First Australian people, having learnt it first hand from the indigenous community themselves
What are some Aboriginal traditions?
Some common Aboriginal traditions you will learn about during your RedBalloon experiences could include smoking ceremonies, daydreaming, body art, music, dance rituals that may include music and customs, so much more.
What are Aboriginal tribes in Australia?
Australia is an ethnically diverse society made up of many different indigenous communities and groups. The indigenous community are made of both the Aborigines and the Torres Strait Islanders, who are often referred to as the ‘First Australians’. There are over 500 different clan groups or ‘nations’ around the continent, many with distinctive cultures, beliefs and languages. RedBalloon offers a variety of experiences to provide cultural tours and insight into some of these Aboriginal tribes and history.
Where is the Aboriginal culture in Sydney?
The Aboriginal people have always inhabited Sydney, with about 29 clan groups in the area. The original Aboriginal inhabitants of the City of Sydney local area are the Gadigal people. This stretches from the southern side of Port Jackson from South Head to around what is now known as Petersham. Today, Sydney’s inner suburbs have long been a magnet for Aboriginal peoples seeking work opportunities, shelter and connections with community and family. The Aboriginal heritage Sydney walking tour explores the city’s Aboriginal Dreamtime culture and the connection to modern Sydney.
How do you experience Aboriginal culture?
One of the best ways to experience Aboriginal culture is with an experience from RedBalloon. Our range of indigenous tours will immerse you in the Aboriginal rich culture stretching back more than 50,000 years. These experiences will provide different opportunities for exploring the spirituality, art, music, dance and history of the indigenous Australians.
Discover these Aboriginal cultural tours and more experiences from the RedBalloon range of outdoor activities. These are the best experiences for exploring the great outdoors and everything nature has to offer. From theme parks and day trips to golf and hiking tours, RedBalloon has you covered for outdoor activities.
If you loved our range of Aboriginal and cultural experiences, explore our range of day trips and tours. These experiences are the best way for exploring a new city, seeing the sights or even learning something new in your own backyard. Find hiking tours, scenic trips, guided walks and so much more on RedBalloon.