There’s no better feeling then sitting back and cracking open a cold one! With our range of beer tasting and brewery tours, you’ll get to do that all day long. Not only do you get to enjoy sipping on all your favourite beers, but you’ll learn a little history as well. RedBalloon offers a great range of brewery tours that will satisfy your taste buds. Some of the most popular brewery experiences include:
- Brewery tour, beer tasting and traditional pub meal: Join fun and friendly tour guides for an interactive, behind the scenes tour of Australia’s iconic and famous Carlton and United Brewery, home of some of Australia’s favourite beers. This tour gives you an insight into the history and tradition of beer brewing, the art of brewing and a birds eye view of the plant’s state of the art technology. After the tour enjoy a selection of beer tastings and a delicious pub meal.
- Brewer tour with tasting paddle and takeaway pack: This insightful tour and tasting session with the head brewer will treat your taste buds whilst learning all about your favourite drink. This experience is at one of Marrickville’s award-winning breweries and will see you not only enjoy both classic and eclectic brews but you’ll get to leave with a six pack of your choice…talk about an experience that just keeps on giving!
- Brewery tour and beer tasting for 2 people: Join your knowledgeable guides for a fun and interactive behind the scenes tour of Australia’s iconic and famous Carlton and United Brewery, home of your favourite beers: VB, Carlton Draught, Foster’s, Pure Blonde and more. Of course a brewery tour wouldn’t be complete without some complimentary tastings of fresh, cold beer afterwards!
If you’re looking for some of the best tasting beer, why not discover them on a beer tour from RedBalloon! These experiences are designed to tantalise your taste buds to some of your favourite brands as well as new and delightful brews. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beer connoisseur or not, these experiences will get you up to speed on everything you need to know about the different brands, how they are brewed and of course include tastings.
What are the best beer tasting tours?
If you are looking for some of the best beer tours, RedBalloon is the perfect place to look. You’ll find beer tasting and tours in multiple locations around the country including New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, ACT and plenty of smaller towns. Some of the best selling beer tasting experiences include:
- XXXX brewery tour with beer tasting: this experience takes you on a journey through 136 years of heritage. At the XXXX brewery Brisbane, you’ll learn about the brewing process of Australia’s number one beer, visit the packaging museum with historical artefacts and of course enjoy a beer tasting session. This brewery tour is one of Brisbane’s greatest attractions and is an unbeatable way to discover the legend of XXXX.
- Become a master brewer – brew your own beer: There are plenty of beer tours Melbourne has to offer but this is one of our personal favourites. This three hour experience is dedicated just to beer as you’re actively involved in brewing your own beer whilst learning from the experts. The best part of this beer tour is that you get to take 25 litres home with you so you can keep enjoying it even after the experience.
- Craft beer walking tour: For the lovers of a frosty ale, a refreshing XPA or an aromatic porter; join this craft beer tour and learn about the boutique beers served in Sydney oldest pubs. Your fun and knowledgeable guide is a beer lover too and they will entertain you with stories about your favourite bevvie! You’ll discover some of Sydney’s oldest pubs with each stop providing plenty of opportunity to learn about the brews on offer.
- Beer tasting class with 5 course degustation: Spend the afternoon expanding your knowledge of real craft beer at Australia’s most awarded brewery, while enjoying a 5 course degustation menu with each dish matched to a real craft beer. Discover insights, stats and stories direct from the brew crew and chefs that will surprise you! You will leave with a greater understanding of beer, beer styles, brewing and pairing and a broader appreciation for beer.
You can also enjoy a delicious ale tasting experience on RedBalloon. These are found within the brewery tours and beer tasting experiences. You’ll enjoy that refreshing feeling of enjoying a sweet, cool ale at some of the best breweries, pubs and restaurants in Australia.
What does ale taste like?
Ale is a type of beer that has been fermented using a certain method which results in a sweet, full-bodied and fruity taste. Like most beers it has a bittering agent but is made without the addition of hops.
What is the difference between beer and ale?
The difference in beer and ale is the way the drinks are fermented. Ale is created using top-fermentation at warm temperatures, whereas other beers use bottom-fermentation at colder temperatures.
Is ale an alcohol?
As ale is a type of beer, it is definitely an alcoholic drink. There are a few different varieties of ale including pale ale, brown ale, India ale, golden ale and plenty more. You can learn about the history and types of ale during one of the RedBalloon brewery tours and beer tasting experiences.
Is ale healthier than lager?
Ale can be considered one of the healthier beers, especially when compared to lager. This is because ale is known for having less calories and uses more antioxidants when compared to other types of beer.
Find these beer tasting and brewery tours plus more gourmet experiences from the RedBalloon range of wine and dine. From fine dining restaurants and high teas to cooking classes and winery tours, you’ll find the perfect culinary experience to satisfy your taste buds.