Things to do in Queensland
Home to the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest, renowned surfing beaches and so much more, there are plenty of things to do in Queensland. Known as the sunshine state (and for very good reason), there is so much to see and explore in this breath-taking part of Australia. The RedBalloon range of things to do in Queensland are all about experiencing everything this state has to offer including the capital city of Brisbane. Whether you’re a visitor chasing the sun up north or a local looking to explore their own backyard, there are so many amazing experiences to tick off in this state. Pack your bags, hit the road and enjoy all the amazing destinations in Queensland from the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, to the Whitsundays and Cairns, there are so many amazing places to visit.
Our range of Queensland activities are perfect to enjoy with your partner, kids, family or friends. From exhilarating skydives and scenic snorkelling tours, to luxury getaways and fine dining, you’ll find some of the best things to do in Queensland to keep everyone entertained. These experiences are also the perfect gift ideas if you’re looking to spoil someone for a special occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or any other milestone, why not gift them an experience in Queensland that they will never forget, creating memories they’ll look back on for years to come!
Places to visit in Queensland
There are plenty of amazing places to visit in Queensland, perfect for visitors travelling interstate or from overseas, or even for residents of the sunshine state. A RedBalloon experience is the best way to explore the variety of landscapes and tourist attractions in these regions. Discover below some of the best places to go in Queensland.
As the capital city of Queensland, there are plenty of amazing things to do in Brisbane which is known for its youthful charm, sunny days and relaxed lifestyle. Discover this beautiful city with a scenic cruise, feel the rush with a V8 driving experience or surrender yourself to a well-deserved facial or massage package.
It wouldn’t be a trip to Queensland without visiting the Gold Coast. Known as one of Australia’s premier holiday destinations, there are plenty of things to do on the Gold Coast that will let you explore its famous beaches, theme parks and attractions. From hot air ballooning and SkyPoint climbs, to theme park passes and jet boating, there is so much to see and do in this city!
Our range of things to do on the Sunshine Coast combines the warm tropical climate Queensland is known for with amazing experiences. Explore awe-inspiring mountains, pristine beaches, world-class events and delicious produce. From exhilarating skydives to swimming with humpback whales, there really is so much to tick off in the Sunshine Coast.
Known as the gateway to two of the world’s greatest natural attractions – the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest – there is so many things to do in Cairns. From scenic cruises and snorkelling on the reef to family getaway packages, there are so many ways to explore all of the attractions that make Cairns famous.
Home to the Great barrier Reef, picturesque islands, incredible marine life plus so much more, you can understand why there is so much to see and do in The Whitsundays. Experience the wonder of this tropical paradise from snorkelling in the reef to sailing through the islands and visiting Whitehaven Beach. Discover so many fun things to do in The Whitsundays that are worth ticking off your list.
Queensland activities from RedBalloon
You’ll never be short of ideas of things to do in Queensland, especially with the range of experiences available on RedBalloon. You’ll find a range of experiences perfect to enjoy with your loved one, friends, family and even the kids. From whale watching cruises to romantic getaways, you’ll find the perfect experience for you! To help make finding the best Queensland attractions and experiences easier, we’ve curated a list of some of our top-selling things to do.
- Tandem skydive with beach landing in Caloundra: experience one of the highest skydives in Australia! This 15,000ft jump with 65 seconds of freefall and 20-25 minute of flying over the beautiful Sunshine Coast is sure to blow you away! Take in the views of the stunning coastline and beaches as you float back down to earth.
- Gold Coast hot air balloon flight: float among the clouds and with the rising sun whilst taking in the breathtaking views of the Gold Coast. Watch the world wake up as the sun reflects on the rolling hills and waterways of this stunning location.
- Outer Barrier Reef cruise, snorkel and lunch: explore the gorgeous Great Barrier Reef with this all inclusive tour. You’ll get up close and personal to the wild marine life and the stunning underwater landscapes this protected marine park is recognised for. Snorkel in clear waters and discover a world of colour and natural wonder.
- WRX rally drive 4 laps plus 1 hot lap in Brisbane: rally driving is one of the most thrilling motor sports out there. Now you can experience it yourself and get behind the wheel of a Turbo WRX Rally Car. Discover the secrets of this awesome car, get sideways and have a load of fun on a specially designed rally track.
- Luxury treehouse getaway with bubbly and breakfast: switch off your mobile phone, leave the iPad at home and head for the sub-tropical hills. You will find total peace and tranquillity during a 2 night stay in your very own secluded treehouse, overlooking a lush rainforest.
Kids activities in Queensland
If you’re looking for activities to keep the kids entertained either on the weekend or during school holidays, there are plenty of fun things to do in Queensland. These are the perfect experiences if you’re looking for kid-friendly activities or something the whole family can enjoy together. Some of our customers’ favourite kids’ activities in Queensland include:
There are plenty of amazing Queensland attractions and experiences on offer at RedBalloon! Don’t know which one to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product within Queensland including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.