Experience the thrill of white water rafting at some of the best water rapids Australia has to offer. Whether you’re looking for something new to try, want to get an adrenaline fix or an activity to do with friends, white water rafting ticks all those boxes. It is also an amazing experience to gift to someone celebrating a special occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, Christmas, anniversary or anything in between, a white water rafting adventure will be a memorable gift they’ll never forget. This is the type of experience that will create memories they’ll look back on for years to come!
White Water Rafting Near Me
Discover the ultimate white water rafting adventures near you on RedBalloon. You’ll find action-packed white water rafting near you in Victoria and Queensland. These are the perfect destinations for experiencing the thrill of raging thunder rapids and ticking a white water rafting trip off your bucket list.
Where to do white water rafting?
At RedBalloon, you’ll find plenty of white water rafting experiences in Queensland and Victoria. You can enjoy a rafting adventure in Wonga Park, Upper Murray & Mitta Mitta River, Warburton and Warrandyte in Victoria or Cairns, Tully River and Barron Gorge in Queensland. Next time you find yourself asking, ‘where is white water rafting near me’ simply head to RedBalloon and find the perfect experience for you!
Top white water rafting adventures
Discover the best whitewater rafting tours at RedBalloon, perfect to enjoy yourself or gift someone else. Some of the top rafting day trips include:
- Whitewater rafting and adventure caving day: this is the perfect adventure for the outdoorsy type ready for a thrilling experience. The action-packed day includes white water rafting and adventure caving. Brave grade two rapids and challenge your skills, then it’s on to the caves. Climb and crawl over chasms and boulders, marvel at glow worms and wade through a subterranean river.
- White water rafting on the Tully River: the Tully River is renowned as Australia’s premier location for white water rafting. After being picked up from your accommodation, your expert guides will conduct a safety briefing and teach you the ropes for your rafting experience ahead. Once suited up in your helmet and life jacket, you will then find yourself conquering up to grade three rapides for over 12kms in this world-class location. Not only is this experience an adrenaline rush, you will also enjoy the pristine, natural environment that surrounds the river. Much of this forest is only accessible by water, making your Tully River rafting adventure unique and exclusive.
- Easy river tubing adventure with transfers and snacks: this is the perfect experience if you love the idea of white water rafting, but aren’t quite ready to tackle the raging rapids. You’ll enjoy a half day tubing down small but fast paced rapids in gorgeous far North Queensland. You’ll be riding down easy to navigate rapids with the help of an experienced guide on either the Mulgrave River or the Behana Gorge. Enjoy amazing scenery and crystal clear water plus some thrills and spills.
- Whitewater river boarding on the Yarra River: get ready to go on a river boarding experience of a lifetime and charge down the magnificent Yarra River. This two hour guided journey is packed full of adventure and great scenery. All safety and water gear is provided.
- White water kayaking: Experience a half day ‘ridin rapids’, only 35 minutes from the Melbourne CBD. Learn some new skills and ride a few rapids as you paddle approximately six kilometres down the Yarra river, surrounded by native flora and fauna. Single and double kayaks are available.
Is white water rafting dangerous?
At RedBalloon, we take your safety very seriously and only work with the best companies to provide the safest conditions for white water rafting. Our experiences range in the level of water rapids so you can pick the one that is right for you. Please note some of the more advanced white water rafting experiences require participants to have a reasonable level of fitness.
What shoes do you wear white water rafting?
Please ensure you wear enclosed shoes during white water rafting such as runners as this is a requirement for some of our experiences. Dresscode can vary depending on the season so please refer to each experience for more information or speak to the supplier directly.
What do you need for white water rafting?
For your white water rafting experience please bring a towel, swimmers, sunscreen, a hat to fit under the helmet and a camera. Some experiences have GoPro mounts available on helmets so make sure that you have the correct attachment. Alternatively GoPro attachments may be available to purchase if needed. All other river equipment will be provided such as helmets, wetsuits, life jackets and more.
If you loved our range of white water rafting experiences, discover these and plenty more from our adventure sports category. Discover bridge climbing, abseiling, caving, mountain biking plus many more action-packed experiences.
If white water rafting was on your bucket list, tick it off today with a RedBalloon experience. You will find these plus plenty more exhilarating activities thanks to our range of bucket list experiences. These are the perfect once in a lifetime experiences you’ll never forget!