Blue Mountains places to visit
The Blue Mountains is home to some of the most renowned attractions in the country. RedBalloon offers a wide range of experiences perfect for exploring this region, its attractions and natural scenery. There is no better way to visit the Blue Mountains and tick it off your bucket list! There are plenty of places to visit in the Blue Mountains from the Three Sisters through to the Jenolan Caves. RedBalloon offers a variety of accommodation packages so you make a trip out of it, making it easier to tick off the must see places. Enjoy a midweek resort for 2 with breakfast, a vineyard getaway, a country escape with massages, a Jenolan Caves package with accommodation, glamping experiences and so many more getaways in the Blue Mountains.
If you know someone celebrating a special occasion, why not gift them one of our Blue Mountain experiences. There are some truly remarkable attractions near Blue Mountains that they will absolutely love. From decadent dining experiences to indulging massages, and romantic getaways to outdoor adventures, there are plenty of things to do in Blue Mountain that make for the perfect gifts.
What activities can you do in the mountains?
There are so many Blue Mountain activities to enjoy on RedBalloon. Whether you’re visiting for the day or live nearby, you’ll find plenty of experiences perfect for exploring the area. Some of the best things to do in the Blue Mountains are:
- Wine tasting and cheese at Dryridge Estate for 2 people: Wine, cheese and views! Sounds like a winning combination right? Experience a gorgeous afternoon of wine tasting at Dryridge Estate; the only winery in the Blue Mountains. Nestled in the picturesque Megalong Valley, this vineyard is the perfect place to relax and indulge with your partner in wine!
- Segway tour in the Blue Mountains: Experience the thrill of driving a futuristic Segway through the natural beauty of the Blue Mountains. This activity will teach you a new skill as well as offering you gorgeous scenery along the way. Breathe in the fresh air and zip around with your group.
- Deluxe high tea in the Blue Mountains for 2 people: This delectable high tea is served to your table overlooking stunning Blue Mountains views. Your three-tiered stand consists of freshly baked scones with homemade jam and clotted cream, exquisite French pastries, and gourmet finger sandwiches. A glass of sparkling wine accompanies your afternoon.
- Blue Mountains sunset tour with picnic lunch: Discover the spectacular beauty of the Blue Mountains on this full day tour departing from Sydney. With stunning landscape and magnificent waterfalls, be guided through scenic trails and spot wildlife along the way. Finish the day watching the sun set over the famous Three Sisters rock formation.
- Full day canyoning and abseiling adventure with lunch: Gear up for an epic canyoning and abseiling adventure in the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park. Led by professional guides, you will abseil, climb, jump and swim through spectacular wilderness locations. A wholesome lunch and refreshments are included.
- Overnight Blue Mountains hiking tour with campaign and meals: Escape the hustle and bustle of Sydney and immerse yourself in nature with an overnight hike in the Blue Mountains. This two day all-inclusive expedition will have you conquering the mighty Mount Solitary, discovering local wildlife and learning about the Aboriginal and European history of the area.
Attractions near Blue Mountains
Located in a rugged region west of Sydney in NSW, the Blue Mountains is home to some amazing attractions, including the Three Sisters, Jenolan Caves, Scenic World and the World Heritage Listed National Park. When you’re in the area, we highly recommend visiting these places with one of our experiences as they are breathtaking and worth ticking off your bucket list.
What makes Blue Mountains special?
The Blue Mountains is internationally renowned for its natural attractions, scenery and landscapes. It is home to the Eucalyptus tree which gives it that ‘blue’ colour and the world heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park. There are also plenty of other things that make the Blue Mountains special including Scenic World in Katoomba, The Botanic Gardens, The Jenolan Caves, the amazing hikes and walking trails plus so much more.
How do I get to the Blue Mountains?
The Blue Mountains is located roughly an hours drive away from the Sydney CBD, making it super easy to get to. You can also get there by public transport with trains running to Katoomba. This makes it the perfect location for a day trip from Sydney to enjoy plenty of amazing experiences. You can even turn it into a getaway with the accommodation packages available on RedBalloon. Alternatively, we also offer a number of experiences departing from Sydney so you don’t have to worry about getting there. You can enjoy tours, scenic world passes and more experiences with return transfers to Sydney CBD.
Tours in the Blue Mountains
One of the best ways to enjoy everything the Blue Mountains has on offer is with a day trip or tour. RedBalloon offers a variety of Blue Mountains tours perfect for sightseeing, exploring its famous attractions or simply enjoying the great outdoors. You can discover a variety of tour packages including a Blue Mountains explorer bus pass and scenic world combo pack, a Hop on Hop Off Bus Pass, a Jenolan Caves day trip plus a variety of tours departing from Sydney. No matter what experience you’re looking for, you’ll find some of the best tours in the Blue Mountains available on RedBalloon.
With our range of experiences and things to do, you can tick off the best Blue Mountain attractions from your must-see list. Don’t know which experience to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product within the Blue Mountains including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Discover these Blue Mountain activities and plenty more experiences from our range of things to do in NSW. The state is home to some of the most popular tourist attractions and locations including Sydney, the Hunter Valley, Bryon Bay and more areas. Discover the range of experiences all around NSW available on RedBalloon and tick off must-do activities from your bucket list.
Only a short drive from the Blue Mountains, Sydney is the perfect place to explore as well. Add it to the end of your Blue Mountains trip and enjoy everything this city is renowned for. From the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb to waterfront dining, and jet boating to helicopter flights, there are so many experiences to enjoy in Sydney on RedBalloon.