Things to do in Wollongong
Wollongong is known for its surf beaches, sandstone cliffs and rainforest-covered Illawarra escarpment. Located in the south-eastern part of the Sydney basin and the beginning of the South Coast, there is so plenty of fun things to do in Wollongong. The best way to see and do it all is with a RedBalloon experience. From skydiving over the beach to exhilarating motorbike experiences, there are so many different ways to explore the Wollongong attractions. Some of the top-selling things to do in Wollongong offered by RedBalloon include:
- Skydiving over the beach: experience a tandem skydive right above the beach in Wollongong! Freefall from up to 15,000ft for over 60 screaming seconds until your parachute opens, leaving you soaring for up to eight minutes over some of Australia’s most beautiful coastline.
- Wollongong beaches scenic helicopter flight: within minutes of departure you will be flying over the pristine sandy beaches of Australia’s South Coast; from Kiama in the south to Wollongong Harbour in the north, and all against the ever present backdrop of the Great Dividing Range. Bring your camera with you to capture memories of a lifetime!
- Thrilling break room experience: had a bad week? Get rid of built up anger and release your rage with a baseball bat! Decked out in overalls, gloves and full-face protection, you’ll enter a room with a mission to smash, break and destroy a crate full of crockery. Leave feeling exhilarated and relieved!
Things to do on the South Coast
The NSW South Coast is famous for its stunning coastline, breathtaking beaches, white sand, magnificent wildlife and array of outdoor activities. As a result, there is so much to see and do on the South Coast! This NSW region is made up of a number of towns and famous attractions including Sea Cliff Bridge, Hyams Beach, Mogo Zoo, National Parks and plenty of natural landscapes that are worth exploring. There is so much to tick off your list whilst visiting the South Coast from whale watching in Jervis Bay to eco-pod getaways, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Don’t know which South Coast activity to choose? We have curated a list of some of our top-selling experiences to help make picking the best things to do in South Coast easier.
- Whale watching cruise Jervis Bay: don’t just whale watch, get amongst the action! See the magnificent humpback whales breach, hear their great tail slap the water, feel the waves rock the boat and marvel at their playfulness. This is an unforgettable experience, in one of the most pristine regions of Australia!
- Paperbark glamping with breakfast and dinner for 2 nights: this Jervis Bay escape combines adventure and romance in one. Create unforgettable memories by staying in your own luxury safari tent in the midst of eucalypts trees, spectacular coastal scenery, famous turquoise waters and pristine white sand beaches.
- 3 course long lunch with wine and farm tour: immerse yourself in a journey from paddock to plate at The Loch, a working farm in the beautiful NSW Southern Highlands. Tour the grounds, learn about their sustainable farming methods and taste produce straight from the garden before sitting down for an exquisite three course lunch.
- Tree top adventure and zip-trek experience: enjoy an unforgettable zip-trek and tree-top obstacle course through sublime Sydney Blue Gums (Eucalyptus Saligna), located right in the Shoalhaven Zoo. You will soar through the forest on giant flying foxes and take on the dizzying array of 110 aerial challenges.
Places to visit in the South Coast
The South Coast of NSW stretches from Sydney to the border of Victoria and is made up of a number of amazing towns and locations. Whether you’re a local who wants to explore their own backyard or visiting from interstate, there are plenty of breathtaking places to visit in the South Coast. Some of the top areas include:
- Jervis Bay
- Southern Highlands including Bowral, Berry and Berrima
- Batemans Bay
- Shoalhaven River
South Coast & Wollongong activities for kids
If you’re looking for ways to keep the kids entertained in the South Coast, there are plenty of child-friendly experiences available on RedBalloon. You’ll also find plenty of family activities if you’re looking for ideas the whole household can enjoy together. These South Coast kids’ activities are perfect for locals looking for things to do on the weekend or during school holidays or visitors planning a getaway to this region. Some of the best activities for kids in Wollongong and the South Coast include whale watching, treetop adventures, kayaking, ziplining, Mogo Zoo plus so much more.
With our range of experiences and things to do, you can tick off the best South Coast attractions from your must-see list. Don’t know which experience to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product on the South Coast including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Now that you’ve got your Wollongong or South Coast experiences booked in, why not explore the rest of the state? There is so much to see and do in NSW that are definitely worth ticking off your list at the same time. Discover an amazing range of experiences in Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Byron Bay and more destinations.
If you’re visiting the South Coast why not venture further north and visit the state’s capital city. You can tick off all the attractions and locations that make Sydney world famous. From Sydney Harbour cruises and waterfront restaurants, to zoo passes and helicopter flights, there is so much to see and do in this city.