Things to do in NSW
If you’re looking for the ultimate things to do in NSW and don’t know where to start, don’t worry because we’ve got a great selection of experiences for all the state’s regions and cities. Home to one of Australia’s largest cities, visiting Sydney should be high at the top of your to-do list as you’ll experience the city’s diverse range of activities. However, you shouldn’t just finish your trip to NSW at Sydney, there are plenty of other breathtaking regions to visit including the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley and Byron Bay to name a few. There are so many amazing NSW attractions to visit and explore during your trip in this state and RedBalloon experiences are the perfect way to see it all!
If you’re a local looking for NSW activities to keep you busy on the weekend, RedBalloon has you covered! You’ll find a variety of experiences perfect to enjoy with a partner, family, friends or kids. From Sea Life Aquarium passes in Sydney to a wine tasting and tour in the Hunter Valley, you’ll find some of the best thing to do in NSW to keep everyone entertained.
Top locations in NSW
There are plenty of spectacular places to visit in NSW, perfect for locals looking to explore their own backyard or visitors enjoying a getaway in this state. A RedBalloon experience is the perfect way to explore the variety of landscapes and tourist attractions in these regions. Discover below some of the best places to visit in NSW.
This rugged region west of Sydney is home to the World Heritage-listed National Park filled with mountain tops, sandstone cliffs, lush forest filled valleys and of course the Three Sisters landmark. With amazing natural landscapes and scenery to discover, our things to do in the Blue Mountains has you covered. From Scenic World passes to luxurious resort packages, there are plenty of amazing experiences to tick off in this beautiful part of NSW.
A popular surfing destination loved by backpackers from around the world and locals, Byron Bay offers a great range of experiences. Whilst you’re there you’ll want to explore its spectacular beaches, vibrant community, unique shopping and dining experiences. There is so much to do in Byron Bay including snorkelling, kayaking and whale watching just to name a few activities.
The Hunter Region, including the Hunter Valley and Newcastle, is home to NSW finest wine region and boasts sweeping landscapes. There are plenty of amazing things to do in the Hunter Valley with experiences like winery tours, hot air balloon rides and quad biking on offer. Explore this popular wine region in any way you choose!
Experience the state’s capital city and its world-famous attractions like the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and Bondi Beach to name a few. There are plenty of amazing things to do in Sydney perfect for visitors or locals looking to explore the attractions or city lifestyle. From skydiving over the beach to harbourfront dining experience, there are plenty of fun things to do in Sydney!
Known for its many national parks, picturesque beaches, lagoons and rainforests, there are plenty of things to do in the South Coast and Wollongong. From glamping in Jervis Bay to a whale watching cruise, there is no better way to explore this coastline region then with a RedBalloon experience!
Spanning from Port Stephens through to Coffs Harbour and up to the Queensland border, the North Coast is the perfect NSW location to explore. From a rainforest retreat in the Tweed Valley to a scenic helicopter flight over Port Macquarie, you’ll find some of the best things to do on the North Coast on RedBalloon.
Things to do in NSW from RedBalloon
You’ll never be short of ideas of things to do in NSW, especially with the range of experiences available on RedBalloon. No matter if you’re looking for an activity to explore the great outdoors or something a little more indulging like a fine dining restaurant, you’ll find the perfect experience for you! To help make finding the best NSW attractions and experiences, we’ve curated a list of some of our top-selling things to do.
- Otto Ristorante six course seafood degustation for 2 people: take in the famous harbour whilst indulging on a delicious Italian-inspired six course seafood menu. With waterfront views, award-winning chefs and a super stylish venue, this seafood feast in Sydney is a real treat.
- Hot air ballooning over the Hunter Valley for 2 people: take in peaceful and spectacular views followed by a delicious breakfast in this ultimate bucket-list worthy experience. It’s the perfect way to see the Hunter region from new hights with an exhilarating sunrise flight.
- Sea turtle snorkel tour at Julian Rocks: discover over 400 species of tropical fish and coral in Byron Bay. It is home to 3 different species of sea turtle and this experience includes a complimentary snorkel lesson before the tour.
- Skydive over the Beach: tandem skydive over Wollongong and experience 60 seconds of heart-stopping freefall before your instructor pulls the parachute cord. Catch your breath as you float back down to earth taking in the spectacular views of Southern Sydney beaches.
- Paperbark Camp glamping with breakfast and dinner: this midweek Jervis Bay escape combines unique glamping accommodation with spectacular scenery and warm hospitality. Your stay includes a three course set menu dinner, full buffet breakfast and unlimited use of canoes, kayaks and paddleboards.
Kids activities in NSW
If you’re looking for activities to keep the kids entertained either on the weekend or during school holidays, there are plenty of fun things to do in NSW. With our range of experiences, you’ll find kid-friendly activities and even ideas the whole family can enjoy. These are the perfect experiences if you’re looking for ideas for things to do in your city of if you’re looking for places to visit in NSW with your kids. Some of our customers’ favourite kids’ activities in NSW include:
There are plenty of amazing NSW attractions and experiences on offer at RedBalloon! Don’t know which one to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product within NSW including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.