Sydney and Harbour Bridge helicopter flights
Have you always dreamt of seeing the world from up high? Stop dreaming and start living thanks to a helicopter ride Sydney! There is so much to discover on your flying adventure over Sydney and its surrounds, you’ll wonder why you haven’t experienced it earlier. These are also the perfect gift ideas if you’re looking for an experience that will go above and beyond anything they have received before. Imagine the look of surprise and delight on their face as they open their gift and discover they’ll be venturing off on one of the RedBalloon scenic Sydney helicopter tours. For the ultimate gift, why not give a helicopter ride Sydney for 2 people so you can tag along too and create amazing memories together.
How to prepare for a helicopter ride?
When you book your helicopter tour with RedBalloon, we take care of a lot of the preparation for you! We have a few recommendations to help make your experience seamless on the day.
- Check your booking in advance to make sure all the details are confirmed, especially if there are any concerning weather conditions. Your flight might be rescheduled due to strong winds, rain, low clouds with no signs of improvement. The provider will contact you directly to confirm your experience in this case.
- Dress appropriately for the experience including wearing sensible shoes and comfortable clothing. We recommend not taking any loose jewellery or items just to be on the safe side. Also, please do not bring heavy luggage.
- Please ensure you pack photo identification on the day to confirm the booking matches that of the participant. Some of our experiences allow you to bring family and friends to watch you take off and land but please check with the supplier you have booked.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the amazing views you will see during your experience.
Is there a minimum age limit for helicopter rides?’
The minimum age limit for a helicopter ride varies depending on the RedBalloon experience you pick. For a majority of the Sydney helicopter tours, the minimum passenger age is 2 years but those between 2-16 years old must travel with a parent or guardian. It is required you inform the supplier at the time of booking if any of the passengers have any physical or intellectual handicap for no other reason that they can accommodate and help you as best as possible.
For the black ops helicopter flight mission, minimum age for travel is 10 years old with the doors off option or 3 years for the doors on option. All passengers between the age 3 and 18 years must be accompanied by at least 1 adult. For the doors off helicopter aerial photography flight, the minimum age is 16 years if accompanied by an adult.
Is there turbulence on a helicopter ride?
Experiencing turbulence on a helicopter ride is very unlikely because of their flexible blades and design. If the pilot is worried about experiencing bad turbulence on a flight most likely because of the weather conditions (extreme wind, rain etc), they will cancel and reschedule the flight to another time that is safe to operate.
How to book a helicopter ride in Sydney?
There are a few simple steps involved for booking your helicopter ride in Sydney on RedBalloon.
- Go to RedBalloon’s website and browse through our range of helicopter rides Sydney until you’ve found the perfect experience for you. Add this to your cart and follow the steps at check out.
- Once you’ve paid for your experience you will receive a confirmation email with all the details and next steps for redeeming and booking in your flight. Ensure you provide the supplier a few options to ensure they can accommodate you as best as possible. If this experience is a gift, on the experience voucher you give them there are steps outlined on how they can redeem and book in the experience on our website.
- Shortly after you will receive an email form the supplier confirming the time and date your helicopter ride Sydney is booked in for! Enjoy
What will I see on my helicopter ride in Sydney?
With the RedBalloon range of helicopter flights Sydney, you will discover amazing panoramic views of the city and its famous attractions. Depending on the experience you choose you will see the city CBD, fly over the coastline and beaches and even continue up to the Blue Mountains for the ultimate tour.
Sydney helicopter tours
Are you looking for the best helicopter tours of Sydney? Jump onto RedBalloon for a variety of amazing flying experiences that will showcase and fly over everything this city has to offer. Listed below are some of our customers favourite helicopter rides, each providing different breathtaking views.
- 20 minute helicopter flight over Sydney: see Sydney Harbour and its coastal wonders from the comfort of a helicopter. Departing from Sydney airport, this 20 minute flight takes in Bondi beach before entering the harbour and the amazing views that make Sydney world renowned. These include the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge, city skyline plus so much more. If you’re looking for one the most scenic helicopter flights Sydney has to offer, we recommend booking this experience.
- Scenic helicopter flight to Blue Mountains: take to the skies for an incredible helicopter flight to the Blue Mountains, departing from Sydney. Soak up panoramic views of the World Heritage listed area including the Three Sisters, Katoomba, Megalon Valley and Jamison Valley, before making your way back to Sydney via the iconic Harbour. This is one of the best Sydney helicopter tours for taking in the sights and attractions of the city and its beautiful surrounding regions.
- Black Ops helicopter flight mission: Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to strap yourself into one of the most exciting helicopters ever built: the jet powered McDonnell Douglas 500E. This is your chance to immerse yourself in a thrilling 20 minute 'doors off' military-style flight experience.
Choose a helicopter ride Sydney wide from RedBalloon and see the city in a way you never have before. See the world famous harbour, parramatta River, Bondi beach plus plenty of other attractions from a birds eye view. Once you’ve ticked off one of our helicopter flights Sydney, discover flying experiences in other NSW regions including the Hunter Valley, South Coast, North Coast and more
Helicopter rides Blue Mountains
There is no better way to explore the Blue Mountains then from a birds eye view with one of the RedBalloon helicopter rides. Located only 90 minutes from Sydney, the Blue Mountains is home to amazing natural landscapes, making it the perfect destination for a helicopter tour. The scenic helicopter flight to the Blue Mountains package departs from Sydney and will let you soak up panoramic views of the World Heritage Listed areas including the Three Sisters, Katoomba, Megalong Valley and Jamison Valley.
If you loved our range of helicopter rides in Sydney, you can also discover plenty more flights in other cities. Explore our range of helicopter experiences in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. You can even enjoy a helicopter tour (including a wine tour) at some of the best wine regions in the country.
Looking for more flying experiences? RedBalloon offers a variety of sky high adventures perfect for those looking for an exhilarating experience. Explore our range of skydiving, indoor skydiving, hot air ballooning, paragliding and more!