Mother’s Day gift ideas
If you're looking for a great Mother's Day gift this year, an enriching RedBalloon experience is a wonderful day to thank Mum for everything she has done for you. Every year you might go on hunting to find a great gift for Mum, trying to find something she doesn't have already or hasn't been gifted before. It can't be hard to know what actually is a great gift. With our amazing range of experiences from hot air ballooning to fine dining, great gifts are made of these!
Whether you've already started to plan your Mother's Day gifts 2021 or you're going to leave it to the last minute, the best place to shop online is at RedBalloon. Cut out all the hassle of looking around the shops and struggling to find something and instead jump online and have your gift picked and instantly ready in just a few minutes. It takes the stress out of finding a present and we guarantee you’ll find something she will absolutely love, especially with our range of Mother’s Day gifts Australia wide. These experiences can be printed or emailed instantly so it doesn't matter if you've left your gifting to the eleventh hour.
When is Mother’s Day 2021?
This year in Australia and New Zealand, Mother’s Day falls on Sunday 9th May. However, keep in mind that Mother's Day is on a different day for a lot of other countries; for example in England this year, Mother's Day is on Sunday 14th March.
What is the best gift for Mother's Day?
Gift Mum the best gift this Mother's Day with an enriching experience from RedBalloon. Rather than just giving her another bunch of flowers, one of the best Mother's Day gift ideas this year is an experience she has never done before or has always dreamed of doing. If she is a self-confessed foodie, treat her taste buds to a fine dining experience, or let her enjoy a bucket list worthy experience like a helicopter flight. Other popular gifts to spoil Mum on the day include a majestic cruise or a getaway that she can enjoy with her plus one, like your dad or even yourself if you want to spend some quality time together! These are only a few of our popular experiences that are guaranteed to be the perfect gift this Mother’s Day.
If you’re overwhelmed with the choices available on RedBalloon, don’t worry! Instead you can always give your mum the gift of choice with a gift voucher. Starting from $25, gift vouchers can be made to any denomination and allow your mum the ability to choose anything she wants with 5 years to book in her experience.
Top 10 gifts for Mum
If you have no idea where to start when looking what to get your mum this year, we’ve put together our top 10 picks to help make finding the perfect gift a whole lot easier. These are some of our customers favourite experiences across all our categories, so we’re sure you’ll find something below perfect for every personality type!
- Dining experience: treat Mum to a decadent fine dining experience that will go down a treat. With the likes of degustation menus, harbourside dinners, exquisite restaurants and more, you’ll find some of the best foodie gifts for Mum.
- Hot air balloon ride: take your gifting to a whole new level and whisk your mum up high with hot air ballooning. There is nothing more magical than celebrating Mother’s Day floating peacefully above the world as the sun rises. It’s one of those Mother’s Day ideas she will remember for years to come and is available in locations all around Australia including the Hunter Valley, Gold Coast, Yarra Valley, Alice Spring and more!
- Getaway: help her escape the daily grind and hustle and bustle with one of our getaways. She can enjoy a beachside escape, countryside retreat, 5-star hotel, city staycation plus more. Gifting her a getaway she can enjoy with her plus one is the perfect excuse to let her unwind for a weekend or midweek escape.
- Cruise: let your mum set sail and enjoy a majestic day at sea exploring or indulging. With experiences like twilight sails, dining cruises or sightseeing cruises, you’ll definitely be gifting your mum a 10/10 experience that’ll leave her smiling all day long.
- Massage: indulge Mum to some peace and quiet and well deserved time-out with a massage or day spa package. Mums are often running round a million miles an hour juggling being a Mum on top of everything else and there is nothing more special then being gifted a little down time they definitely deserve. Some of our favourite packages include a hot springs bath, a shea butter massage and even a blissful massage at home so she can indulge without even having to leave the house!
- Helicopter flight: Let your mum be taken to the sky with a helicopter flight this Mother’s Day. Imagine the look on her face when she sees you’ve gifted a bucket list experience like a helicopter flight over the city, a private flight with picnic lunch or scenic flight over some of Australia’s most picturesque locations. You’ll definitely up your gifting game with one of those experiences.
- Wine tasting and tour: If your mum considers herself a wine connoisseur, then indulging her to a winery tour or tasting is an experience she’ll definitely appreciate. There are a variety of winery tours available at Australia's best wine regions including the Hunter Valley, Barossa Valley, Yarra Valley and more areas. Her taste buds will definitely be satisfied at one of these Mother’s Day gifts!
- High tea: what Mum wouldn’t love a decadent high tea experience with a plus one (like yourself)! With options like a high tea with champagne and goodie bags, a deluxe afternoon tea and a high tea cruise on Sydney Harbour, you’ll be spoilt for choice on the different experiences you can gift your mum on Mother’s Day. She’ll feel truly indulged after a delicious high tea experience from RedBalloon.
- Old school car hire: bring out the inner zeal in your mum with a classic or old school car hire experience. She’ll feel the wind in her hair as she spends the day travelling in style like in a GT500 Mustang convertible car hire. She’ll have the time of her life as she spends the day in the fast lane, experiencing some of the most amazing classic cars she only ever dreamed of driving!
- Cooking class: combine her love of food and learning new things with a cooking class. With a range of experiences across cuisines like Asian, Moroccan, pastries and seafood just to name a few, she’ll be cooking up a storm in the kitchen at home in no time with all the new tips and tricks she’s learnt. There are even classes you can enjoy for 2 and up to 4 people which makes it the perfect Mother’s Day gift for you to enjoy with her.
You’ll never be stuck for Mother’s Day ideas again thanks to our range of experiences to suit every type of Mum! Our hot tip to make your gift even better this year is to choose a Mother's Day experience for 2. This means your mum can enjoy the gift with you which allows for some mother and child bonding (or Mum and Dad bonding) and will definitely score you brownie points on how thoughtful it is. Also keep an eye out for our Mother’s Day deals coming soon… you’ll find a range of amazing experiences on sale so you don’t have to break the bank when finding the best Mother’s Day present ideas.
After more Mother’s Day inspiration? We have a variety of blog articles to help you whilst searching for the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Check these out:
- Exclusive Mother’s Day experiences
- Mother’s Day gifts that you’ll love too
- Popular Mother’s Day gifts
- RedBalloon Mother’s Day gift guide
- Mother’s Day gifts for Mums to be
- Mother’s Days for first time Mums
- Mother’s Day gift guide
- Mother’s Day experiences for two
- Mother’s Day experience gifts
- Last Minute Mother's Day gifts