This cooking class is designed to give people more confidence when cooking, specifically roasts, in the kitchen!
Upon arrival you are offered a refreshment and are then given a safety briefing and orientation. The chef demonstrates the courses to be cooked and answers any of your questions. You then break off into groups to prepare the roasts, traditional accompaniments and yummy sauces, under the guidance of the chef.
Then when all is ready and the delicious smells of roasting fill the room, we all sit down to eat! During our meal we match wines with the dishes and discuss why certain wines work.
On the menu:
- Roast beef with gravy
- Baked honey glazed ham
- Duck Leg Tagine with Chermoula and Cous Cous
- Roast lamb with mint sauce
- Roast pork with apple sauce
- Roast crispy-skin chicken with bread sauce
All served with roasted carrots, baked chats and cauliflower.
During the class you will learn how to carve a roast and portion a bird. You will get practical experience in food preparation, cooking and presentation, and will walk out with the skills necessary to provide good food, inexpensively, and with minimum effort.
You are also taught many of the shortcuts that professional chefs use to produce great results quickly - a bonus for people on the go. By introducing you to the practical theories of cooking, we expect the skills you learn during this course will last you a lifetime!What's Included:
* All students receive a CD that has all the recipes, notes and lots of other information so you can show off at home!
* 3-hour cooking lesson followed by the lunch you created
* All ingredients, equipment and recipies supplied