Are you looking to quench your thirst with a nice, refreshing spirit tasting? Discover the delightful range of whisky and gin tasting experiences on RedBalloon that are guaranteed to satisfy your inner spirit connoisseur. No matter what your spirit of choice is, you’ll find the best tasting experience for you with multiple locations around Australia. You can enjoy spirit tasting in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and plenty of other coastal or regional destinations.
Are you looking for a gift idea for someone who is always trying to find the trendiest new bar or ordering unique cocktails? Why not treat them to one of our spirit tasting experiences that they will rave about to all their friends. These experiences will teach them everything there is to know about gin or whisky whilst also allowing them to sample some of their favourite alcohol brands as well as new ones.
What is a spirit?
Alcoholic spirits are distilled drinks that have a higher average alcohol volume percentage. Some of the most common examples of spirits include vodka, gin, whisky, rum plus plenty more. One of the best ways to enjoy these is with a spirit tasting experience that will let you not only learn more about this drink and its history, but it is the perfect way to sample different kinds and brands. Some of the most people spirit tastings are gin and whisky which RedBalloon offers a variety of experiences for.
The RedBalloon range of gin tasting and masterclasses will let you step into a delicious world of authentic, premium and hand-made gin. To help make finding the perfect gin tasting for you, we have curated a list of some of the best selling experiences.
- Gin distillery tour with tasting paddle and cheese for 2 people: Prepare to be GINspired! Embark on a fascinating behind the scenes tour of Tiny Bear Distillery and learn how their glorious gin is made, from fermentation through to distillation. After getting your taste buds salivating, you’ll sit down to enjoy a tasting paddle paired with gourmet cheeses. Just 40 minutes’ drive from Melbourne CBD, this micro-distillery focused on creating mouth-watering gin from local and exotic botanicals is a must-try experience.
- Private gin tasting with five course banquet dinner for 2 people: Enjoy a night of all things gin as you indulge in a private tasting of four gins of your choice and mini-masterclass with your own dedicated host. They will be there to guide you through the tasting process and answer any questions you may have about gin. Tantalise your tastebuds further with a five course shared banquet, inspired by the vibrant spices and flavours of Morocco and the Middle East.
What is the taste of gin?
Gin has a very piney and biting taste and comes from a juniper. Although the taste can slightly vary depending on the brand, it is known for having a sharp taste and is often paired with tonic water. You can get flavoured gin as well different styles which may be more citrusy, drier or even have a malty essence.
What gives gin its flavour?
The taste of gin often comes from a juniper, an evergreen shrub or small tree that bears berry like cones. It can also be made using other aromatics including cumin seeds, citrus peels, angelica root plus more. The ways these aromatics are incorporated is what creates a diverse selection of gin products.
Can you drink gin straight?
Whilst you can definitely drink gin straight, this can be quite strong and is often paired with ice cubes and a lime wedge if you fancy. However some of the more common ways to enjoy gin included with tonic water, cucumbers, in a fruit cup, in a cocktail or as a martini.
If gin isn’t your thing, don’t worry because RedBalloon also offers a wide range of whisky tasting experiences. Whether you’re a whisky lover or new to the malt, these experiences will treat your taste buds to some of the finest spirits around. If you don’t know which experience to pick, we have made it easy by curating a list of some of our must-try whisky tasting tours.
- The story of whisky, origins and flavours: A fun and informative tasting experience ideal for novices and experienced whisky drinkers alike. Taste a wide range of whiskies, hear some fascinating stories behind the history of their creation, get your whisky adventure started with a relaxed afternoon of stories and laughs. This is a fantastic class for those who are just getting started, but also a great refresher for those who have been tasting for years.
- Whisky distillery tour and guided tasting for 2 people: Old Kempton Distillery in Dysart House is packed full of history and award-winning whisky. Go behind the scenes of the fully functioning distillery, learn the stories of Dysart House and enjoy a guided tasting of four unique drams. If you’d like to stay a little longer, explore the beautiful grounds or enjoy lunch at the cellar door (at your own expense).
- Japanese whisky masterclass and tasting: Relatively unnoticed by the Western World until now, Japanese whisky has been in production since the 1920s. Awarded and beloved, much of the industry’s products are sold out around the world. This tasting class showcases 6 Japanese whiskies and covers how the industry rose to popularity.
If you loved our range gin and whisky tasting tours, discover our range of beer tasting that will go down a treat. On RedBalloon you’ll find a variety of brewery tours, tasting paddles and experiences that will teach you to become a master brewer.
Discover these spirit tastings and more delicious experiences from the RedBalloon range of wine and dine. From fine dining restaurants and high teas to winery tours and cooking classes, you’ll find some of the best gourmet experiences that will leave your mouth watering for more.