The top Italian restaurants
Who could say no to a delicious pizza or pasta? No matter where you are in Australia or the world, you can be guaranteed to find a range of Italian restaurants serving all your favourite dishes. It’s the perfect choice if you’re looking for a restaurant to socialise with friends and family, if you’re looking for a romantic date night location or even if you’re celebrating a special occasion. The Italian cuisine is the perfect way to bring people together to create shared memories over amazing food. Discover our range of Italian dining experiences around the country and see for yourself.
If you’re looking for a gift idea for someone whether they are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or any other special occasion, an Italian dining experience will tick all the right boxes. The best part is that all our Italian restaurant experiences are for 2 or more people so it’s a gift they can share with their plus one, friends and family.
What is Italian food?
Italian food originated in Italy and has developed throughout the years but still offers an abundance of taste, making it one of the most popular and copied cuisines in the world. Italian meals often include ingredients like pasta, tomatoes, vegetables, cheese, fish, meat and olive oil. The diversity of the Italian regions, especially between the North and South are why the food is incredibly rich and varied.
Popular Italian dishes often include:
4. Seafood pasta dishes
5. Antipasto dishes including cured meats, cheeses and crackers
8. Meat dishes such as sausages, meatballs, prosciutto, Fiorentina steak
What are the best Italian restaurants?
At RedBalloon, you’ll find a range of some of the best Italian restaurants around the country. Whether you’re after traditional Italian food, a wood-fire pizza or seafood pasta, you’ll find the perfect dining experience for you. To help make choosing which restaurant to enjoy first easier, we have created a list of the top Italian dining experiences on RedBalloon.
- Multi-course Italian winery lunch with wine for 2 people: enjoy a scenic drive to the Yarra Valley to indulge in a delicious Italian meal with sweeping vineyard views. The restaurant embraces traditional share-style cuisine where you’ll be served antipasto, arancini, wood-fired pizza, roast lamb and salad, perfectly paired with a glass of wine or beer.
- Otto Ristorante nine course Italian degustation for 2 people: treat your taste buds to an unforgettable culinary experience in Sydney or Brisbane. This nine course menu is inspired by Italian cuisine and showcases some of the finest Australian produce. With waterfront views, award-winning chefs and a super stylish venue, this degustation menu is an unforgettable dining experience.
- Winery tour and tasting with Italian lunch for 2 people: take a look behind the scenes at one of Queensland’s best wineries located in Mount Cotton. Explore the winery learning how they get the very best form their grapes before sampling a range of acclaimed wines at the cellar door. Then, enjoy a delicious set menu lunch of fresh pasta dishes, garlic bread and salad.
- Three course Italian meal with wine for 2 people in Sydney: be transported to the heart of Italy, while seated on the waterfront of Sydney’s iconic Darling Harbour. You’ll enjoy a tantalising three course Italian meal including a delicious range of entrees, pasta dishes, pizzas and more.
- Pizza, wine and cheese for 2 people in Macedon Ranges: come and dine at this warm and welcoming winery in the heart of the Macedon Ranges wine country. Visit the underground cellar door and take a stroll around the scenic farm. Leave the city behind and unwind. There’s wood fire oven pizzas, a glass of estate premium wine each and a cheese platter too!
Top Italian restaurants
1. Otto Ristorante: located in Sydney and Brisbane, this is one of the best Italian restaurants providing an indulging fine dining experience. Treat your taste buds to a six or nine course degustation for 2 people that showcase some of the finest Australian produce. To top off your experience, both locations offer breathtaking water views, award-winning chefs and a modern interior styling.
2. Pilu at Freshwater: treat your taste buds to a delicious Italian dining experience overlooking the beach. Choose between an early bird, three course, five course and eight course degustation for 2 people and be treated to some of the best authentic Italian food in Sydney.
3. Zonzo Estate: located in the Yarra Valley, this restaurant is the perfect go to for Italian lovers. The restaurant embraces the traditional Italian custom of the ‘shared table’, serving food in the centre for guests to enjoy closely with loved one. Indulge on a multi-course meal including all your favourite dishes.
4. Kirkton Park Hotel: for the best Italian restaurant in the Hunter Valley, head here. Enjoy a ‘wine-down’ after a morning of exploring the Hunter Valley with lunch at Kirkton Park hotel. Munch on a tasty wood-fired pizza in the conservatory overlooking the stunning rose garden or cosy up in the lounge bar. Your meal showcases the freshest seasonal produce straight from the garden.
If you find yourself asking ‘what are the best Italian restaurants near me’ then jump onto RedBalloon and browse through our range of experiences. You’ll find the best Italian dining experiences from wood fire pizzas to fresh pastas, and degustations to seafood meals and plenty of other popular Italian dishes.
Looking to gift an Italian dining experience to someone special but don’t know which one to choose? Why not give them a RedBalloon gift voucher and let them decide. Starting at $25, gift vouchers can be made to any denomination and are valid for three years. They will love being able to choose their own Italian restaurant, especially as these experiences are suitable for 2 or more people to enjoy. They will appreciate being able to enjoy delicious food with amazing company, creating shared memories they’ll look back on for years to come.