Asian food and dining experiences
Are you always looking for the best, newest or quirkiest Asian restaurants? Discover RedBalloon’s range of eating out experiences and never go hungry again! From Chinese food to Thai food and everything in between, you’ll find the perfect Asian restaurant to tickle your fancy. It has never been easier deciding where to eat and which Asian cuisine to choose!
If you’re looking for gift ideas for someone who loves food almost as much as they love you, then a voucher to a Japanese restaurant, Chinese restaurant or any of our other Asian dining experiences is the best way to go. Who doesn’t love a gift that involves amazing food! Better yet, why not gift an Asian food experience for 2 people so they get to enjoy it with a plus one.
What is Asian cuisine?
Asian cuisine includes several regional dishes from central, east, north, south and west Asia. Popular cuisines are often Japanese food, Chinese food, Korean food, Indian food, Thai food, Vietnamese food and plenty of other regions. These dishes are created in a certain way using cooking practices, traditions and ingredients associated with a specific culture or location.
What are the top Asian dishes?
The Asian cuisine covers a large variety of regions and dishes, resulting in a number of popular dishes. However some of the most popular include:
- Asian fusion dishes: these dishes combine cuisines from different Asian regions to provide a unique twist to the menu. These are definitely crowd pleases and should be at the top of your must-try Asian restaurant list.
- Chinese dishes: known as one of the most popular foods in the world, the Chinese cuisine is packed full of wheat production, meat, vegetables and rice. It is hard to go past a traditional Chinese meal when you’re looking for the best Asian restaurants.
- Japanese dishes: with the variety of food on offer, it is no wonder that Japanese restaurants are popular throughout Australia. The menu often includes sushi, sashimi, tempura, udon, ramen, rice and plenty more.
- Thai dishes: known for its spices, texture and colour, the Thai cuisine is a great menu for trying new and indulging foods. From fried rice, stir fries, curries, noodles, soups, spring rolls and more, there are no shortage of delicious dishes to try at a Thai restaurant.
What are the best Asian restaurants?
When it comes to choosing the best asian restaurant, you can be spoilt for choice. Often our customers just want to know ‘what are the best asian restaurants near me?’ We’ve pulled together a list of some of the most popular dining experiences on RedBalloon to help make finding your Asian dish easier.
1. Asian restaurants Melbourne: known for its culinary scene, Melbourne is home to some of the best Asian restaurants in the country. The South East Asian chef’s menu with wine and dessert for 2 people is one of our favourite experiences. Head to the iconic Hardware Lane for an Asian-inspired feast served share-style. Rice Paper Sister’s executive chef Ross Magnaye will treat you to a selection of his favourite dishes, from snacks and entrees, through to a main and dessert, perfectly paired with a bottle of wine. Another popular Asian restaurant in Melbourne is Oishii. Enjoy nine courses of the finest traditional Japanese Teppanyaki whilst taking in views of the Yarra.
2. Asian restaurants Sydney: if you’re looking for one of the best Asian restaurants Sydney has to offer, we recommend Sake. Indulge at an award-winning contemporary Japanese restaurant with your favourite foodie friend or special someone. Enjoy a seven or eight course lunch and 2 hours of free flowing Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label. Sake restaurant is also available in Melbourne and Brisbane. For another popular fine dining restaurant, indulge in an 8 course Japanese degustation with cocktail for 2 people at Crane Bar. Eat like a king with signature dishes by masterchef, Taichi Itos. This Japanese restaurant is renowned for being one of the best in Sydney and is a popular spot with celebrities.
Discover the amazing range of Asian restaurants available on RedBalloon and never be stuck for dining options again. Whether you’re after Japanese, Chinese or an Asian fusion restaurant, there is something for everyone with experiences available across Australia. Treat yourself or someone else to the ultimate dining experience from RedBalloon today. These are the perfect experiences to gift to someone no matter what the occasion. Whether it’s for a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or any other milestone, a dining experience and restaurant voucher will go down a treat. Go above and beyond and gift an eating out experience for 2 so that they can indulge with a plus one (like yourself). There is nothing better than enjoying good food with great company. It’ll be a gift they’ll always remember you for!