Australian restaurant dining experiences
Discover a wide range of Modern Australian restaurants online at RedBalloon and find the perfect dining experience to treat your taste buds. From seafood degustations and 3 course dinners, to tasting menus and steakhouses, there are so many restaurants to discover around the country perfect for sampling popular Australian food.
These Australian restaurants are the perfect places to eat at on the weekend, if you’re looking to spoil your partner to a fine dining date night or you’re looking for an indulging gift idea. These are the best experiences to gift for any occasion whether it’s for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary or any other milestone. To top it off, all our restaurant experiences are designed for 2 or more people so they’ll get to bring along their plus one, friends or family. Who wouldn’t love receiving a gift that is all about enjoying delicious food and drink with company?
What is modern Australian cuisine?
Modern Australian cuisine is a fusion of food and dishes characteristic to Australia. It is a cuisine that has grown in popularity in recent years and often includes a variety of flavours and ingredients. It is more than just stereotypical traditional Australian food of meat pies, lamingtons, Tim Tams, ANZAC biscuits, vegemite and bush tucker, and instead is a blend of many different types of food. Modern Australian restaurants are often using ingredients like seafood, meat, vegetables, pastries and more. This cuisine includes dishes like pan fried barramundi, chargrilled striploin beef, pork belly, prawns, pavlova and plenty more.
Most of the RedBalloon Modern Australian dining out experiences are given as a restaurant voucher. This makes it very easy to book in your dining out package when you're ready. Simply pick the right Australian experience for you and follow the steps at checkout. You'll then receive your experience or restaurant voucher that is ready to be booked in following the steps at redeem. If you're looking to gift someone one of these restaurant or dining experiences but don't know which to pick, don't worry! Why not give them a RedBalloon gift voucher and let them decide. They can be used on any of the experiences and are valid for 5 years which gives them plenty of time to book it in. They will love having endless options for Australian food which guarantees they’ll pick the dining experience they want to do!
Where are the best Australian restaurants?
RedBalloon offers some of the best Modern Australian restaurants in the country, making it easier to find the perfect dining experience near you. To help make finding the right restaurant for you, we've listed below some of the best cities to enjoy a Modern Australian meal at.
Modern Australian restaurants Sydney
There are plenty of amazing Modern Australian restaurants in Sydney that are worth trying. We offer a range of dining experiences around the city including in the CBD, The Rocks, Mosman, Darling Harbour plus plenty more locations. Whether you're after a 5 course tasting menu by the harbour or an unlimited lunch with 360 views of the city, there are so many Australian restaurants on offer you'l have to try them all!
Modern Australian restaurants Brisbane
You'll find some of the best Modern Australian restaurants in Brisbane on RedBalloon. You can enjoy our dining experiences across the city including in Auchenflower, the CBD and more locations. One of the best Modern Australian restaurants in Brisbane is Deer Duck Bistro which offers a decadent degustation menu with a twist.
Modern Australian restaurants Adelaide
If you're looking for some of the best Modern Australian restaurants in Adelaide, you've come to the right place. We offer a range of dining experiences across the city including in Glenelg, McLaren Vale, the CBD and more locations. You'll find a variety of restaurant experiences including steakhouse dinners, shared plates, degustations plus more.
What are popular Modern Australian restaurants?
- 6 Head restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney: enjoy an indulgent dining experience overlooking the iconic Sydney Harbour. Enjoy a five course bespoke tasting menu that showcases world-class beef and fresh seafood, paired with a beautiful bottle of wine.
- Terrace of Maleny on the Sunshine Coast: Let your taste buds be totally indulged. Imagine the freshest Queensland seafood served in a spectacular setting, of uninterrupted views of the Sunshine Coast hinterland from your table. Let the multi award-winning Aussie food, service and stylish atmosphere make your dining experience one to remember.
- Pilu, Freshwater: known as one of the best Modern Australian restaurants Sydney has to offer, you’ll enjoy a five course degustation overlooking Freshwater beach, inspired by extraordinary flavours of both Australia and Italy. You will be treated to a scrumptious line up of classic yet contemporary dishes, paired with award-winning service.
- The Meat and Wine Co, Southbank: for one of the top Modern Australian restaurants Melbourne is known for, experience steakhouse dining at its best. Treat yourself and a special guest to a mouth-watering dinner at The Meat and Wine Co, savouring a beautifully curated two course menu that celebrates top quality Australian beef. A bottle of house selected wine will complement your meal.
- The Playford Hotel, Adelaide: enter this luxury Adelaide hotel for a two course a la carte dinner that celebrates local South Australian produce. Choose from an entree and main or main and dessert from their Modern Australian inspired menu and complement your meal with a glass of wine.
- Stix and stones in Melbourne: sit down to enjoy a lovely two course meal paired with a glass of wine. Available for lunch or dinner, this beautiful terrace restaurant faces onto a sprawling garden and park area, serving up contemporary dishes that are full of delight.
- Grand Bar and Bistro in Perth: this award-winning restaurant will greet you with a bottle of sparkling wine to complement your mouth-watering three course dinner. From appetisers to desserts and everything in between, you’ll love every morsel and drop.
- Butcher and the Farmer in Sydney: step inside the beautifully refurbished Tramsheds of Glebe to indulge in a delicious meal for two, coupled with a bottle of local wine. Watch the world go by as you enjoy great food at one of the funkiest food destinations in Sydney. Choose between lunch or dinner – whichever you prefer.
- Hunter and Barrel, Hillarys WA: Sit down to a spread of coal-roasted meats at Hilary’s Hunter and Barrel; a sophisticated take on the ritual of hunting and home cooking. Tuck into a tantalising two course meal paired with a glass of award-winning wine, that can be enjoyed at either lunch or dinner.