Mother’s Day gift ideas
Looking for a great Mother’s Day gift? Whether you have specific Mother’s Day ideas in mind or you need some inspiration, any of our experiences are perfect to thank Mum and go with that hand written card she asked for! With our range of gifts across flying, dining, getaways and more, you’ll find something for every type of mum that will take your gift-giving to a whole new level and definitely award you the title as the number one child!
If you’re already starting to plan your Mother’s Day gifts 2020, then there is no easier way to get in early then with a RedBalloon experience. Cut out all the hassle of looking around the shops and struggling to find something and instead jump online and have your gift picked and instantly ready in just a few minutes. It takes the stress out of finding a present and we guarantee you’ll find something she will absolutely love, especially with our range of Mother’s Day gifts Australia wide.
When is Mother’s Day 2020?
This year in Australia, Mother’s Day falls on Sunday 10th May. Every year the dates vary in Australia so make sure you don’t go off last year’s dates and instead write down this date to ensure you don’t miss out celebrating Mum on her special day. Note that Mother’s Day is also on a different day for a lot of other countries (e.g in England Mothers Day is on Sunday 22nd March).
What are popular gifts for Mother’s Day?
This year, choose the best Mother’s Day gifts that are going to be a hit rather than just giving a standard bunch of flowers. If you’re looking for popular Mother’s Day gift ideas that you know she’ll love, we’ve got plenty of experiences to tick the box. If she is a self-confessed foodie, treat her taste buds to a fine dining experience, or let her enjoy a bucket list worthy experience like a helicopter flight. Other popular gifts to spoil mum on the day include a majestic cruise or a getaway that she can enjoy with her plus one, like your dad or even yourself if you want to spend some quality time together! These are only a few of our popular experiences that are guaranteed to be the perfect gift this Mother’s Day.
If you’re overwhelmed with the choices available on RedBalloon, don’t worry! Instead you can always give your mum the gift of choice with a gift voucher. Starting from $25, gift cards can be made to any denomination and allow your mum the ability to choose anything she wants from our wide range of categories…she will be delighted with a variety of experiences, personalised gifts and hampers on offer!
What are some unique ideas for Mother’s Day gifts?
If you’re after unique gift ideas for Mum, then you’ve come to the right place! At RedBalloon we offer a ride range of experiences that definitely aren’t your typical or boring Mother’s Day presents. Not only do we provide awesome experiences across flying, driving, massages, fine dining and more, but we also offer gifts that are outside the box and truly unique! Bring out the adventurer in Mum with a horse riding experience or if she loves a bit of action then a jet boat ride will get her heart pumping! If your mum has a creative side, she will be surprised and delighted at a candle making class or a photography workshop. Other unique Mother’s Day gifts that are sure to go down a treat include a private wine tasting with a winemaker and 3 course lunch… she will definitely brag about that present to all her girlfriends.
Top 10 gifts for Mum
If you have no idea where to start when looking what to get your mum this year, we’ve put together our top 10 picks to help make finding the perfect gift a whole lot easier. These are some of our customers favourite experiences across all our categories, so we’re sure you’ll find something below perfect for every personality type!
- Dining experience: whether she’s a foodie or loves spending time with people over a delicious meal, a dining experience will go down a treat. With the likes of a fine dining experience such as a 3 course harbourside lunch for 2 or a restaurant voucher the whole family can enjoy such as a wine tasting with share platter lunch for 4, you’ll find some of the best foodie gifts at RedBalloon.
- Hot air balloon ride: take your gifting to a whole new level and whisk your mum up high with hot air ballooning. There is nothing more magical than celebrating Mother’s Day floating peacefully above the world as the sun rises. It’s one of those Mother’s Day ideas she will remember for years to come and is available in locations all around Australia including the Hunter Valley, Gold Coast, Yarra Valley, Alice Spring and more!
- Getaway: help her escape the daily grind and hustle and bustle with one of our getaways. Mums are always so busy and do so much to support their family that they often don’t have much time to take a well deserved break for themselves. Gifting her a getaway she can enjoy with her plus one is the perfect excuse to let her unwind for a weekend or midweek escape. With options like a Blue Mountains escape with breakfast, a 5 star overnight getaway with dinner and drinks and even a glamping holiday, you’ll find a spectacular range of getaways to treat your mum with!
- Cruise: if your mum would love the idea of setting sail and enjoying a majestic day at sea exploring or indulging on a delicious meal, then one of our cruises is the perfect gift. With experiences like a twilight sail, a full day sail with lunch and bubbles or a sightseeing cruise, you’ll definitely be gifting your mum a 10/10 experience that’ll leave her smiling all day long.
- Massage: treat your mum to some peace and quiet and well deserved time out with a massage or day spa package. Mums are often running round a million miles an hour juggling being a mum on top of everything else and there is nothing more special then being gifted a little down time they definitely deserve. Some of our favourite packages include a hot springs bath, a shea butter massage and even a blissful massage at home so she can indulge without even having to leave the house!
- Helicopter flight: Let your mum be taken to the sky with a helicopter flight this Mother’s Day. Imagine the look on her face when she sees you’ve gifted a bucket list experience like a helicopter flight over the city, a private flight with picnic lunch or scenic flight over some of Australia’s most picturesque locations. You’ll definitely up your gifting game with one of those experiences.
- Wine tasting and tour: If your mum considers herself a wine connoisseur, then indulging her to a winery tour or tasting is an experience she’ll definitely appreciate. Some of our most popular wine experiences include a winery tour and tasting with gourmet cheese platter for 2, a Penfolds make your own blend wine and a shiraz masterclass with chocolate platter just to name a few. Her taste buds will definitely be satisfied at one of these Mother’s Day gifts!
- High tea: what mum wouldn’t love a decadent high tea experience with a plus one (like yourself)! With options like a high tea with champagne and goodie bags, a deluxe afternoon tea and a high tea cruise on Sydney Harbour, you’ll be spoilt for choice on the different experiences you can gift your mum on Mother’s Day. She’ll feel truly indulged after a delicious high tea experience from RedBalloon.
- Old school car hire: bring out the inner zeal in your mum with a classic or old school car hire experience. She’ll feel the wind in her hair as she spends the day travelling in style like in a GT500 Mustang convertible car hire. She’ll have the time of her life as she spends the day in the fast lane, experiencing some of the most amazing classic cars she only ever dreamed of driving!
- Cooking class: combine her love of food and learning new things with a cooking class. With a range of experiences across cuisines like Asian, Moroccan, pastries and seafood just to name a few, she’ll be cooking up a storm in the kitchen at home in no time with all the new tips and tricks she’s learnt. There are even classes you can enjoy for 2 and up to 4 people which makes it the perfect Mother’s Day gift for you to enjoy with her.
You’ll never be stuck for Mother’s Day ideas again thanks to our range of experiences to suit every type of mum! Our hot tip to make your gift even better this year is to choose a Mother's Day experience for 2. This means your mum can enjoy the gift with you which allows for some mother and child bonding (or mum and dad bonding) and will definitely score you brownie points on how thoughtful it is. Also keep an eye out for our Mother’s Day deals coming soon… you’ll find a range of amazing experiences on sale so you don’t have to break the bank when finding the best Mother’s Day present ideas.
After more Mother’s Day inspiration? We have a variety of blog articles to help you whilst searching for the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Check these out:
- Mother’s Day gifts she can enjoy from home
- Exclusive Mother’s Day experiences
- Mother’s Day gifts that you’ll love too
- Popular Mother’s Day gifts
- RedBalloon Mother’s Day gift guide
- Mother’s Day gifts for mums to be
- Mother’s Days for first time mums
- Mother’s Day gift guide
- Mother’s Day experiences for two
- Mother’s Day experience gifts
- Last Minute Mother's Day gifts