Queensland… home to some of the most amazing cities including Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. All of which offer amazing experiences and attractions that are worth checking out once in your life. If you’re visiting from interstate or overseas, you’re probably looking for the best touristy things to do around Brisbane or if you’re a local you might be looking for activities to try on the weekend or keep the family entertained. Regardless of the reason, with RedBalloon’s range of experiences, you’ll find the perfect one for your needs that will help you discover this amazing part of the country.
What are the must do experiences in and around Brisbane?
There are so many amazing things to tick off in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast with these locations being popular tourist attractions, even among locals. All within a 90 minute drive from Brisbane, you can enjoy experiences on a day trip or make the most out of it and stay a long weekend to explore everything these surrounding areas has to offer. Some of our customers favourite experiences in this part of the country include:
Skydiving: See the sunshine state from a whole new perspective. Take to the sky with an exhilarating skydiving experience with drop zones in the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and even indoor skydiving in the Gold Coast. Feel the rush of a free fall from up to 15,000 feet and experience breathtaking views of the surrounds below.
- Brisbane’s Story bridge climb: if you’re looking for what to do near Brisbane then exploring Queensland’s capital city with a fun and iconic experience is a must. Climb the Story bridge at dawn, daytime, twilight, night and experience spectacular views of the city whilst also enjoying historical commentary from your guide.
- Theme Park attractions: Whether you want to enjoy a family day out or you’re simply ready for action with your friends, the Gold Coast theme parks are a must do activity. The Gold Coast is renowned for its attraction parks and there are multiple passes you can pick at RedBalloon to experience them all like Dreamworld, Whitewater world, Movie World and more. Finding what to do near the Gold Coast has never been easier with RedBalloon’s experiences and theme park passes.
- Whale watching cruise: tick off a bucket list experience and discover these beautiful marine creatures in their natural habitat. With whale watching cruises in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, you can take your pick of locations to see the magnificent Humpback whales breach and hear their great tail slap the water in this once in a lifetime experience.
- Hot air ballooning: if you’re after more bucket list opportunities, you can’t go past a hot air balloon ride over the Gold Coast with champagne breakfast. Float peacefully at sunrise over the city and surrounding Hinterland whilst enjoying breathtaking views before a delicious buffet breakfast.
- Australia Zoo: Whether you’re a local or simply visiting the Sunshine Coast, you have to add this experience to your must do list. As the largest zoo in the country, Australia Zoo is the home of famous crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin. Experience exciting daily wildlife shows, get up close to animals from across the world and you can even get a sneak peek at the inner workings of their iconic wildlife hospital. So if you’re looking for what to do near the Sunshine Coast, we can’t rave enough about this experience.
At RedBalloon, you’ll find the best things to do in and around Brisbane, Australia. From action-packed adventures to sightseeing tours, there are plenty of experiences to tick off your list in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.