The top helicopter rides over the Great Barrier Reef on RedBalloon
The Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia’s most remarkable natural gifts and is one of the seven wonders of the natural world. It is the only living thing on Earth visible from space which is why we highly recommend seeing this impressive coral reef from a birds eye view. With a helicopter ride Great Barrier Reef experience, you’ll discover the beauty and abundance of marine life that call the reef home, as well as the surrounding tropical islands.
A helicopter tour over the Great Barrier Reef is also the perfect gift idea if you’re looking for an experience they have never done before but will always remember. Whether you’re looking for a memorable gift for a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or any other special occasion, a scenic helicopter flight is a bucket list worthy experience they will never forget.
Where is the Great Barrier Reef?
The Great Barrier Reef is located in Queensland running almost parallel to the coast from near the southern coastal town of Bundaberg, up past the northern tip of Cape York. It is larger than the Great Wall of China, stretching for over 2.3km long, so it can be accessed from multiple locations off North Queensland and surrounding tropical islands. On the mainland, Cairns is often known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef as it is a central location for getting to the reef either by boat or scenic flight. You can also fly directly to Hamilton Island or Proserpine which are located in the Whitsundays on the Great Barrier Reef.
How much is a helicopter ride over the Great Barrier Reef?
At RedBalloon, you can find a variety of Great Barrier Reef helicopter rides at affordable prices. Starting at $249 for a Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday scenic flight for 60 minutes, you will find the perfect helicopter ride to see everything this attraction has to offer. These range through to $399 for the ultimate Great Barrier Reef cruise, snorkelling and helicopter flight day tour package.
What will I see during a Great Barrier Reef helicopter flight?
During your helicopter ride Great Barrier Reef wide, you’ll will discover all the amazing sites, tropical islands and stunning coral reefs this wonder has to offer. You’ll take to the skies for a view of one of the greatest natural assets on the planet that includes flying over palettes and patterns that only nature could create, including Green Island which will shimmer beneath you in a jewelled sea. During your helicopter flight, you will also discover spectacular views of the Whitsundays, the stunning tropical landscapes, idyllic beaches, stunning coral reefs and marine life, and the world famous heart reef. You may also fly over Hill Inlet, Hayman Island, Daydream Island, Hardy Reef, Whitehaven Beach and more. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of photo opportunities during your flight so you can capture these picturesque views to show your family and friends after.
What is included in a helicopter ride?
Depending on the helicopter ride you pick, the experience can vary with what is included. However, at RedBalloon, all our helicopter rides include an experienced pilot who will be able to provide in-flight commentary so you won’t miss a thing. Prior to your flight you will also have a safety briefing. During the tour, there will be plenty of photo opportunities from the air so be sure to pack your camera. At RedBalloon, you will find a variety of packages that include additional services to make your experience that much more special.
1. Great Barrier Reef cruise, snorkelling and helicopter flight: This is the ultimate Great Barrier Reef, Australia package that includes 5 hours on the reef, snorkelling, lunch and a 25 minute return helicopter flight back to Cairns. In one day you’ll see the Great Barrier from the air, on and below the water.
2. Scenic Helicopter flight over the Great Barrier Reef: take to the skies for a 30 minute scenic flight for the most amazing views over this awe-inspiring panorama. This experience includes a return flight to Cairns with an experienced pilot.
How to book a helicopter flight on RedBalloon?
There are a few simple steps involved for booking your Great Barrier Reef helicopter flight on RedBalloon.
1. Go to RedBalloon’s website and browse through the range of helicopter rides over the Great Barrier Reef. Pick your experience, add it to your cart and then follow the steps at check out.
2. Once you have paid for your experience, you will receive a confirmation email that outlines the steps for redeeming and booking in your flight. Please provide the supplier a few options so they are able to accommodate you as best as possible. If this experience is a gift, on the experience voucher you give them there are steps outlining how they can redeem and book in the experience on the RedBalloon website.
3. Shortly after you will receive an email from the supplier confirming the time and date of your helicopter flight. Sit back, relax and enjoy the flight!
Add a helicopter ride Great Barrier Reef experience to your bucket list today! There is nothing more magical then seeing this world wonder from breathtaking heights. Whether it is for yourself or you’re looking to gift it to someone special, discover the range of helicopter flights available on RedBalloon today!