Kids activities Melbourne
It can be hard constantly having to come up with new, fun and entertaining kids activities that children of any age can enjoy. Never be stuck for things to do in Melbourne with kids again thanks to the RedBalloon range of experiences. With our curated range of children-friendly activities, you’ll find a variety of ways to keep the kids busy plus plenty of ideas the whole family can enjoy together. Find outdoor adventures, animal encounters, learning experiences, thrilling activities and anything in between that all children will love. You’ll find the best kid activities Melbourne has to offer all in the one place on RedBalloon.
A Melbourne experience is also the perfect gift idea for a kid celebrating a special occasion. Whether it’s their birthday, Christmas or another milestone moment, why not gift them a truly fun and memorable Melbourne activity. There is no better gift for kids that gets them outside or trying something new! If you’re after more ideas, discover our entire range of gifts for kids or family gifts for something the whole clan can enjoy together.
School holiday activities Melbourne
Are the school holidays fast approaching and you’re already looking for ways to keep the kids busy and out of your hair? Discover our range of school holiday activities in Melbourne for a range of experiences they’ll love and brag about to their friends when school goes back. From Sea Life Aquarium passes, go kart sessions, Legoland passes plus so much more, there is no shortage of fun activities they can enjoy during the next school break.
What are the best things to do in Melbourne with kids?
If you’re looking for the best things to do in Melbourne with kids, RedBalloon offers a variety of experiences and attractions to visit. These ideas are all about experiencing fun and are guaranteed to keep your kids smiling all day long. To help make finding the best children-friendly activities easier, we have listed below some of our top-selling experiences.
- Beginner surf lesson at URBNSURF: perfect for kids ages 6 and up, they’ll learn to ride the perfect wave at Australia’s first surf park! An expert surf coach will teach them how to conquer gentle, rolling waves in a safe and controlled environment. With the chance to score 10-12 waves per lesson, they’ll be riding those waves like a champ in no time.
- Behind the scenes stingray encounter at Sea Life Melbourne: in this exclusive encounter, they’ll will meet the resident family of stingrays that call the Oceanarium home. They’ll see the massive stingrays pop up right next to them as their SEA LIFE guide hand-feeds these graceful animals. This experience also includes a ride on a glass bottom boat across the oceanarium.
- Puffing Billy, kangaroos, koalas and penguins day tour: let the kids’ tick off three spectacular locations in one day! They’ll experience a world of wonder as they ride onboard the iconic steam train Puffing Billy, enjoy a guided wildlife walk at Moonlit Sanctuary and witness adorable fairy penguins waddle ashore on their daily parade on Phillip Island.
Family activities Melbourne
If you’re looking for things to do in Melbourne with kids that the whole family can enjoy, RedBalloon is the perfect place to look. You’ll find a variety of experiences that are perfect for a family day out, keeping both the little and big kids (adults) entertained. Discover our whole range of family and kids activities and explore our top picks and best experiences any family will love! We also offer a variety of family holidays if you’re looking for a getaway in Melbourne or around the country that the whole household can enjoy!
Best family activities Melbourne
There are a variety of family activities Melbourne wide but to help make finding the perfect experience easier, we have curated a list of some of the best activities you can all enjoy together.
- Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium pass: with a family pass you can all enjoy an interactive ocean adventure filled with amazing discoveries around every corner. Explore the mysterious world of jellyfish, surround yourself with massive sharks, rays and waddle your way through to the icy waters of Antarctica, home to the regal King and Gentoo penguins.
- Kayak the Yarra River by Twilight: get the whole clan together and enjoy a kayak adventure amongst the gum trees that line the quiet waters of the Yarra River near Melbourne. Twilight is a great time to spot birds, fruit bats and other sorts of wildlife or to simply wind down after a busy day at work!
- Bowling with Pizza, Chips and drinks: let loose on the lanes for a family game of bowling, with the lights turned down and the fun cranked up! Munch on pizza and chips as you play, and quench your thirst with a jug of soft drink and glass of beer or wine for the adults.
With our range of kid-friendly experiences and things to do, you can tick off the best Melbourne attractions from their must-see list. Don’t know which experience to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product in Melbourne for kids including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
RedBalloon also offers plenty more fun things to do in Melbourne perfect for everyone to enjoy not just the kids. From the hot air balloon rides to scenic helicopter flights and harbourside restaurants to cooking classes, there are so many amazing activities in Melbourne that will let you explore the city and its famous attractions.
Discover the entire range of kids activities around the country on RedBalloon. Let the kids enjoy fun-filled adventures including theme park passes, animal encounters, surf lessons plus so much more. You’ll never be stuck finding activities to keep the kids entertained for hours on end!