Central Coast things to do
The Central Coast is only an hours’ drive north of Sydney and it is known for its lovely beaches, picturesque coastline, local villages and stunning natural terrain. It’s the perfect destination for a weekend away with your loved one, family or friends or even a day trip. There is so many things to do in Central Coast from horse riding and surfing, to rally driving and helicopter flights. You’ll find the perfect Central Coast activities to keep you entertained on RedBalloon.
Whether you’re a local looking for something to do or you’re a visitor and want to explore all the Central Coast attractions, you’ll find a variety of experiences perfect for you! It doesn’t matter if you’re after something a little more indulging or an action-packed adventure, the RedBalloon range of experiences has something for everyone. Better yet, why not spoil someone to a Central Coast activity for a special occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or any other milestone moment, treat them to a trip to this beautiful part of NSW.
What is considered the Central Coast?
The NSW Central Coast is the region just north of Sydney and runs up to the North Coast. It is made up of a number of towns including Wyong, Tuggerah, Lake Haven, The Entrance, Terrigal, Avoca Beach, Woy Woy and the largest population centre of Gosford. It is over 566km2 and is bounded by the Hawkesbury River in the south, the Watagan Mountains in the west and the southern end of Lake Macquarie.
What can you do on the Central Coast?
There are plenty of things to do on the Central Coast, perfect for those just passing through or residents wanting to get out and about. With its beautiful harbour setting, lush national parks and stunning beaches, there is so much to see and do in this part of NSW. Some of the top Central Coast things to do include:
- Quad bike adventure: easily accessible from Sydney, this fully guided track and trail quad bike experience will see you cruise bush trails and take on water crossings. You’ll even get to tackle the purpose-built quad biking circuit, making this the ultimate action-packed experience!
- Luxurious glamping at Glenworth Valley for 2 people: escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and spend two nights under the stars at Glenworth Valley. Explore the beautiful hinterland on horse, foot, kayak or quad bike by day and retire to your fully furnished glamping suite at night. Snacks with tea and coffee is included.
- Horse riding guided trail: explore 3000 acres of lush green valleys and ancient rainforest trails at Australia’s largest horse riding centre. You will embark on an unforgettable 2 hour horse riding experience, riding through unspoilt Australian bush and cantering across lush green valleys.
- Rally drive and buggy hot lap: get ready to send the dust flying! This unique package combines two of the best off road experiences; drifting in a Subaru WRX and getting airborne in a Yamaha YXZ race buggy.
- Wine and oyster kayak tour: kayak on the stunning waterways of the Central Coast. You’ll experience the spectacular scenery and wildlife all from the comfort of your kayak. Sample fresh rock oysters and a glass of wine and enjoy refreshments on a secluded beach in Waterfall Bay!
What is on the Central Coast for kids?
If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities on the Central Coast or ideas the whole family can enjoy together, RedBalloon offers a variety of experiences they’ll love. These are the best activities to keep them entertained for hours on end and for exploring this beautiful region at the same time. Some of our customers’ favourite Central Coast activities that all kids will enjoy include:
Most popular destinations on the Central Coast
The Central Coast is made up of many towns and destinations worth visiting. Each of these locations is filled with amazing attractions and experiences that are worth ticking off whilst you are there. Some of the most popular destinations on the Central Coast are:
- Avoca Beach
- The Entrance
- Glenworth Valley
- Pearl Beach
- Peats Ridge
With our range of experiences and things to do, you can tick off the best Central Coast attractions from your must-see list. Don’t know which experience to pick? Don’t worry, you can always choose a gift voucher and decide later. A gift voucher can be used to purchase any experience or product within the Central Coast including any accommodation available on RedBalloon. Find out more about our gift vouchers.
Once you’ve ticked off the Central Coast attractions, why not explore the other breathtaking regions of NSW. From the bustling capital city of Sydney to the laid-back Byron Bay region, there are plenty of things to do in all the state’s regions and they can be found on RedBalloon.
If you loved our range of things to do in Central Coast, why not venture further up to the NSW North Coast. Home to destinations including Newcastle, Port Stephens, Bryon Bay and Tweed Valley, there is so much to see and do in these coastal towns.