Country getaways & accommodation
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life with a luxurious, relaxing or adventurous country retreat from RedBalloon. These are the perfect accommodation packages for taking some time to unwind and enjoy the beauty and natural surroundings of the Australian countryside. Whether you’re after a luxurious country hotel in the Hunter Valley, an eco pod on the South Coast, a glamping experience in Gippsland or anything between, you’ll find the best country getaways on RedBalloon.
If you’re looking for a unique gift idea that will blow that special someone away, why not treat them to a country retreat. No matter what the occasion, whether it’s for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary or any other special milestone, these getaways tick all the right boxes. They will be surprised and delighted at the thought that has gone into it and will love being able to take a well deserved break. The best part about our country retreats is that they are designed for 2 or more people which means you get to enjoy the experience too. With the variety of country accommodation packages available on RedBalloon, you’ll be sure to find the perfect location and experience to suit everyone’s needs!
What are country getaways?
Country getaways are different types of accommodations based in the countryside. These getaway packages can include glamping, hotels, lodges, retreats, homesteads, cottages, apartments, eco pods, cabins plus so much more. You can find all these types of country getaways online at RedBalloon with packages available in plenty of locations around Australia.
Best country getaways?
If you’re looking for the best country getaways, RedBalloon offers a great variety of accommodation packages that will let you escape the daily grind of city life. To help make finding the best country retreats easier, we have curated a list of some of the most popular locations for a countryside getaway.
Australia has a number of amazing wine regions that are the perfect spot for a country getaway. These include the Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley and Barossa Valley just to name a few. Some of the best country accommodation in the wine regions includes:
- Hunter Valley escape with dinner, wine tour and more for 2 people: Immerse yourself in serenity and luxury with a 2 night getaway at Kirkton Park Hotel. This indulgent package includes a half day Hunter Valley wine tour, two restaurant dinners, daily breakfast and a gourmet cheese board paired with signature rose cocktails. This is the perfect luxurious country hotel to surprise a loved one with who has always wanted to explore the Hunter region.
- Barossa Valley weekend getaway with breakfast for 2 people: Discover your restful haven nestled among the vines, just over an hour's drive from the Adelaide city centre. There are panoramic views of the Barossa Ranges and scenic vineyards to be enjoyed, and the 18-hole Tanunda Pines Golf Course is nearby. This is the perfect country retreat if you’re looking to escape the busy city without having to drive hours away!
RedBalloon offers a variety of country getaways amongst the mountain ranges. These are the perfect accommodation packages if you’re looking to explore regional Australia or you simply want to relax in the outback surrounded by the beautiful mountain scenery. One of the best places to enjoy a mountain retreat is the Blue Mountains in NSW. Our Blue Mountains two night stay with scenic world pass is perfect for gathering the family and exploring the region from a beautiful country hotel, the Fairmont Resort! This package includes a 2 night stay and buffet breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a VIP family pass to visit all of the attractions at Scenic World; the thrilling skyway, cable car, vertical railway and beautiful boardwalk.
You can also find plenty of breathtaking forest retreats located in the Australian countryside. These packages are perfect for getting off the beaten track and enjoying a getaway nestled amongst nature. Some of the best forest retreats located in the countryside include:
- Midweek Gippsland glamping with private bath for 2 people: Spend a magical night away in a secluded bedouin bell tent completely immersed in nature. Perched high on the Strzelecki Ranges, you will be in awe of the natural wonderland that surrounds you. For a touch of indulgence, sink into a private bath in the glass house wrapped by magnificent gardens.
- Riverside luxury retreat with breakfast hamper for 2 nights: Spend 2 nights in total luxury on 5 acres of rural countryside on the Murray River. Indulge with beautiful accommodation, gourmet food, and personal service combined with a host of activities available on the property and close by. An amazing way to spend time with someone special.
- Flinders Ranges glamping with dinner and breakfast: Enjoy a fun-filled, midweek glamping getaway to the Ikara Flinders Ranges. The luxury safari tents have all the modern comforts and offer some of the best views in Australia! This package includes a delicious three-course meal in the evening and a buffet breakfast the following morning.
Best time to go for a country getaway?
There are plenty of amazing times during the year to enjoy a country getaway around Australia depending on the location. If you’re looking to enjoy sleeping under the stars in a camping or glamping country getaway, it is better to go during the warmer months. However, if you’re staying in a country hotel, retreat, cottage or homestead, you can go all year round. Why not whisk away to a country retreat in winter and enjoy sitting around the fire and taking in the countryside beauty.
On RedBalloon, you’ll find a variety of country hotels that are the perfect options for whisking your special someone away too. You’ll find these accommodation packages in beautiful countryside locations around Australia. Some of the best country hotels include:
- Kirkton Park hotel, The Hunter Resort and The Old Mechanics in the Hunter Valley
- Abode Murrumbateman near the board of the ACT and NSW (30 minute drive from Canberra)
- Fairmont Resort and Spa in the Blue Mountains
- Jenolan Caves Mountain Lodge near the Blue Mountains
- Macedon Ranges Hotel and Spa in Victoria
- Chateau Yering in Victoria
- Woodman Estate in the Mornington Peninsula
- Saladin Lodge in Marysville, Victoria
- Thorngrove Manor in Stirling, Adelaide Region
If you loved our range of country retreats, our romantic getaways will have you packing your bags straight away! Spoil your loved one to the ultimate accommodation package from rainforest retreats and overnight yacht stays to 5-star hotels and luxurious beachside stays. Find the perfect romantic getaway for you and your love one on RedBalloon.
Discover these country retreats plus more accommodation packages online with the entire range of RedBalloon getaways. From weekends away and coastal stays, to glamping and family holidays, you’ll spoilt for choice when picking the perfect getaway for you!
If you’re looking for getaway ideas based on location, discover our curated range of getaways in popular states. You can enjoy our range of:
Now that you’ve locked in your dream country getaway package, why not top off your trip and book in some our experiences to enjoy whilst your there. You can enjoy plenty of things to do including horse riding, cycling and we also have a range day trips and tours so you can explore the countryside whilst you’re there!
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our blog and discover how you can get off the grid with one of Australia's best country getaways!