Byron Bay activities
On RedBalloon, you’ll find some of the best things to do in Byron Bay that will let you explore the stunning coastal town, indulge in local produce and tick off some bucket-list worthy experiences. Whether you’ve visited this hotspot before or it’s your first time venturing up north of NSW, there are plenty of Byron Bay activities that are worth enjoying whilst in the area. From getaway packages to flying experiences, and distillery tours to cruises, you’ll be spoilt for choice with things to do in Byron Bay.
What should you not miss in Byron Bay?
There are plenty of things to do in Byron Bay that you should tick off your list when visiting this stunning coastal town in NSW. Whether you experience it from the sky, land or water, there are plenty of Byron Bay activities available on RedBalloon that will let you enjoy all the must see attractions and hotspots this town is known for. Some of the most popular experiences you don’t want to miss out on are:
- Hot air ballooning over Byron Bay with gourmet breakfast: Feel the magic of floating amongst the clouds as the sun rises on the town below. Take in the beauty of the ocean and the rolling hills on the hinterland from a unique perspective. Round out your enchanting morning with breakfast at Three Blue Ducks.
- Byron Bay forest to beach horse trail ride: Embark on a spectacular horse trail ride through beautiful subtropical woodlands before arriving at Belongil Beach. Here you can trot along the secluded shoreline, observe bird life and marvel at the crystal clear waters, enjoying views back toward the lighthouse and out to Julian Rocks.
- Backroads of Byron Farmland foodie tour: A day spent frolicking on farms, tasting gorgeous local produce; this tour is for those who love their food fresh! Visit this popular Byron food destination, Harvest, for lunch and enjoy tasting plates at other local eateries. All touring is done in a luxury vehicle.
- Tandem skydive over Byron Bay: Experience a tandem skydive jump over the spectacular Byron Bay! 60 seconds feels like a lifetime as you fly through the air in the world’s most exhilarating experience. Get excited, suit up and take off into the clouds for the most awesome adventure of your life!
- Byron Bay brewery and distillery tour with tastings and lunch Get your taste buds tingling as you drink your way through Byron Bay’s brewery and distillery industry. You will visit three breweries and a distillery, enjoying tastings at each and learning more about the processes on how the magic is made. You’ll also savour a delicious lunch at one of the stops, making this one of the best things to do in Byron Bay that’ll treat your taste buds at the same time.
- Sea Turtle snorkel tour at Julian Rocks: Snorkel the magnificent Julian Rocks Marine Reserve which is home to 3 different species of sea turtle, a variety of rays, hard and soft corals, over 400 species of fish and friendly wobbegong sharks. One of the most incredibly beautiful and unique experiences you can enjoy in Australia is exploring it’s underwater world which is why you definitely shouldn’t miss out on this when looking for things to do in Byron Bay.
- Kayak with dolphins guided tour: Kayaking is a wonderful way to immerse yourself in the natural habitat of the marine life in Byron Bay. As you paddle your kayak on this wildlife tour, you will learn about the natural environment, the historical features of the area and about ways to conserve the environment!
Byron Bay attractions
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, there are plenty of must see Byron Bay attractions that are worth checking out. These famous attractions include the Byron Bay lighthouse, renowned events including Falls Festival and Bluesfest, the Byron Bay Hinterland, street markets as well as the pristine beaches and the marvellous coastline. If you’re looking for the perfect way to explore all these attractions, you’ll find experiences that cover them all on RedBalloon. To top it off, we also offer a range of accommodation packages so you can turn it into the perfect getaway. From beach houses and hinterland escapes, to luxury hotels and overnight retreats, these are the perfect getaways for exploring the Byron Bay attractions and natural scenery.
What is Byron Bay famous for?
Located on the coastline of NSW, near the border of Queensland, Byron Bay is known as a popular tourist destination and for good reason! It is famous for its beaches, surf, diving sites, natural scenery plus so much more. There is no better way to see all this then with a RedBalloon experience. See the region from breathtaking heights with skydiving or hot air ballooning and enjoy a birds eye view of the famous Byron Bay attractions. Or if you’re more of a water baby, discover the underwater world off the coast with snorkelling, kayaking, surfing and cruises. Alternatively there are plenty of amazing Byron Bay activities on land that will let you discover the region’s best spots such as with horse riding or a guided tour.
How far is Byron Bay from Gold Coast?
Byron Bay is only 1hr 20 minutes away from the Gold Coast by car, making it the perfect day trip or close getaway. There are also a number of public transport options available including buses between the two destinations. Alternatively you can find some great day trips and tours on RedBalloon that will take you from Queensland to Byron Bay.
How long is the Byron Bay lighthouse walk?
The Byron Bay lighthouse walk is a must-do whilst visiting this town. The walk is 3.7km and loops through the rainforest and across the coastline providing stunning views of the ocean and surrounding hinterland. If you’re interested in visiting the lighthouse whilst in the area, discover our Byron and beyond tour with lunch. This experience will see you visit the Byron Bay lighthouse as well as the The Farm, Shambhala Gardens, the historic town of Bangalow and more.
Discover these Byron Bay activities and plenty more experiences with our entire range of things to do in NSW. Discover plenty of experiences in Sydney, Hunter Valley, Blue Mountains and plenty more destinations around the state.
Byron Bay is located on the border of NSW and Queensland, with only a short drive to the Gold Coast. If you’re visiting Byron Bay why not continue the road trip up to Queensland and discover plenty of experiences to do in the sunshine state. Discover plenty of activities on the Gold Coast, Brisbane and beyond on RedBalloon.