Experience the excitement of vertical rock climbing in scenic locations around the country. The RedBalloon range of climbing experiences are not only action-packed but they will have you learning a bunch of new skills whilsts exploring the region along the way. Whether it’s your first time, you’re transitioning from indoor to outdoor climbing or you’re looking for a fun challenge, rock climbing is the best way to explore the outdoors with a twist.
A RedBalloon climbing experience is also the perfect gift for someone who loves the great outdoors or trying new things. They will love this unique idea, taking your gift-giving to a whole new level. They’ll leave the day feeling like a pro and ready to tackle another vertical rock climbing adventure again!
Rock climbing near me
If you constantly find yourself asking ‘where is rock climbing near me’, then discover the range of climbing experiences at RedBalloon. It is the perfect place to browse and shop both outdoor and indoor rock climbing experiences in locations that are convenient to you. With experiences in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania, you’ll never have to ask yourself ‘where to go rock climbing near me’ again!
Where to go rock climbing?
Find some of the best rock climbing destinations on RedBalloon. You can enjoy these at the Blue Mountains and Palm Beach in NSW; the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Mount Tinbeerwah and Kangaroo Point in Queensland; and Melbourne, Brisbane Ranges and You Yangs in Victoria. If you find yourself asking ‘where is indoor rock climbing near me’ then discover the range of experiences on RedBalloon. You’ll find the perfect climbing adventure in Alexandria and Miranda in Sydney and Keilor Park and Phillip Island in Victoria.
Indoor rock climbing
If you love the idea of rock climbing but aren’t quite ready to tackle the steep great outdoors, why not try indoor rock climbing! This is the perfect experience if you’re looking for something fun and active to do. These experiences are also perfect for the kids to enjoy as well, making it the perfect family fun adventure. Once you’ve tackled the indoor climbing wall you’ll be ready for the outdoor version in no time!
What should I wear for indoor rock climbing?
We recommend wearing casual clothing such as sport or active wear that will be comfortable and you can move around in, especially if you will be hearing a harness. It is also recommended to wear closed in shoes such as runners for the climbing experience. It is a good idea to remove jewellery or any loose items such as watches to ensure they don’t fall off or catch on anything.
What are the top climbing experiences?
RedBalloon offers the best and widest range of climbing experiences around Australia. You’ll find rock climbing, indoor climbing, high ropes climbing and more. Instead of constantly asking yourself ‘where to go rock climbing near me’, discover our list of the top climbing experiences.
- Introduction to rock climbing in the Blue Mountains: Experience the excitement of vertical rock climbing with this full day course in the beautiful Blue Mountains. This climbing adventure conducted by nationally certified instructors is perfect for beginners and also makes an excellent conversion from indoor climbing to real rock!
- Sydney indoor climbing gym entry: Conquer new heights as you climb the walls and boulders in the largest climbing gym in Australia. Boasting 2200 square metres of climbing walls and over 250 routes, the gym is ripe for adventure. Push yourself out of your comfort as you raise the bar higher and higher with each climb.
- Beginner to intermediate outdoor rock climbing: Grab your harness, you’re going rock climbing! And not the more familiar indoor kind – we’re talking world class beachside crags! This eight hour outdoor climbing course is designed to apply your existing indoor climbing skills in a new and even more exhilarating environment.
- High ropes climbing course with flying foxes: Take to the trees for up to 3.5 hours of climbing fun! With four different levels to navigate, the course gradually gets more difficult as your skill and confidence grows! Your expert instructor will guide you through the course, so that you can climb, jump and swing through the treetops.
- Ninja warrior obstacle course and training pass: Challenge your strength and endurance at Melbourne’s best ninja warrior obstacle course. Filled with epic props, you’ll work up a sweat as you jump, climb, run and swing through the roman rings, boulder wall, salmon ladder and more. Plus, enjoy the use of the free weights, heavy bags and TRX equipment.
- Brisbane night rock climb adventure: Climb a piece of history with a small group of like-minded adventurers on this evening rock climb of Brisbane’s stunning heritage-listed Kangaroo Point Cliffs. Enjoy twinkling views of the Brisbane River and city skyline as you climb, and exhilarating views at the summit.
If you loved our range of climbing experiences, why not discover the RedBalloon range of bridge climbs. From Sydney Harbour bridge climb to story bridge and more, these are the best experiences for seeing the city from the best vantage point.
Discover these climbing experiences plus plenty more from our range of adventure sports. From flying foxes and paintballing to canyoning and abseiling, these are the perfect action-packed experiences that will get you outdoors.