- Learn the skills to become a better driver
- Full day's training!
This Defensive Driving Course puts you in control! The road is full of hazards so spend a day learning how to avoid bad situations. You'll practice everything from vehicle dynamics to braking technique, your own limits and most importantly, the 'Twelve Golden Rules of Defensive Driving'!DDS
This experience is presented in a relaxed, friendly, and supportive environment by qualified, experienced instructors. You'll mix it up with theory and practical components, so regardless of your driving experience, you'll have a great day of learning. The aim of these exercises is to educate drivers in:
- Basic vehicle dynamics
- The correct systems of car control - seating, vision, and steering
- Correct braking for both ABS and non-ABS vehicles
- Skid causation, basic skid control, and skid prevention
- Raising the drivers level of awareness in relation to speed, reaction times and stopping distances
- Learn how your vehicle reacts in emergency situations
The theory component includes basic road safety concepts and key principals of defensive driving including:
- Understanding of how a drivers attitudes, motivations, and risk taking behaviour affects road safety
- The Twelve Golden Rules of Defensive Driving and how they can be applied every time a vehicle is driven
- The importance of tyres
- Road laws and the introduction of any new laws
- Road rage and;
- Personal security whilst driving.
Key learning objectives:
- Through practical driving exercises, become more ‘speed aware’, particularly in how the degree of vehicle control difficulty increases exponentially in relation to increases in vehicle speeds.
- Develop an understanding of basic vehicle dynamics, in emergency situations
- Learn to predict potential hazards, identify risky situations and minimise danger
- Understand the importance of keeping your vision high and maintaining sensible safety margins around your vehicle at all times and;
- Develop a positive and proactive attitude towards defensive driving.
This experience will teach you everything you need to know to keep yourself safe on the road!
This experience runs from 8.30am to around 4pm.