This Defensive Driving Course puts you in control! The road is full of hazards so spend a day learning how to avoid bad situations. You'll practice everything from vehicle dynamics to braking technique, your own limits and most importantly, the 'Twelve Golden Rules of Defensive Driving'!DDS
- Basic vehicle dynamics
- The correct systems of car control - seating, vision, and steering
- Correct braking for both ABS and non-ABS vehicles
- Skid causation, basic skid control, and skid prevention
- Raising the drivers level of awareness in relation to speed, reaction times and stopping distances
- Learn how your vehicle reacts in emergency situations
- Understanding of how a drivers attitudes, motivations, and risk taking behaviour affects road safety
- The Twelve Golden Rules of Defensive Driving and how they can be applied every time a vehicle is driven
- The importance of tyres
- Road laws and the introduction of any new laws
- Road rage and;
- Personal security whilst driving.
- Through practical driving exercises, become more speed aware, particularly in how the degree of vehicle control difficulty increases exponentially in relation to increases in vehicle speeds.
- Develop an understanding of basic vehicle dynamics, in emergency situations
- Learn to predict potential hazards, identify risky situations and minimise danger
- Understand the importance of keeping your vision high and maintaining sensible safety margins around your vehicle at all times and;
- Develop a positive and proactive attitude towards defensive driving.
Please be there no later than 8am. This experience starts at 8:15am and runs roughly to 4pm.