- Experience the thrill of flying in an open air cockpit
- Wear authentic flying gear e.g. jackets and goggles
- Enjoy views of Bribie Island and the Glass House Mountains
Jump into the open cockpit of a vintage tiger moth and fly off into a bygone era complete with authentic flying jacket, goggles, helmet and scarf. Enjoy uninterrupted views of Bribie Island before flying over the majestic Glass House Mountains in stunning South-East Queensland!
- 30 minute flight in a vintage tiger moth
On the day of your flight, you'll be met at the airfield by your highly experienced tiger moth pilot. To begin your experience, you will receive a pre-flight briefing in which you will learn about the aeroplane and its history. Next is a safety briefing where you will learn how to get in and out of the aircraft, what to do whilst flying and how to communicate using the historical hand signals and finally a route briefing to explain where you will be flying on the day and what to look out for.
You will then be outfitted in the authentic flying gear of a Tiger Moth passenger including flying jacket, goggles, helmet and scarf – now is a great opportunity for photos to be taken with the plane on the ground. After waving goodbye to any family or friends, you will then buckle up and prepare for take-off. Climbing to an altitude of 2000ft and soaring as low as 500ft you will now get the opportunity to fly in an open cockpit. Scenic highlights include the spectacular Bribie Island and its national park surrounds before flying over the majestic Glass House Mountains. You are free to take as many photos as you like whilst enjoying this amazing experience. This scenic flight is for pure enjoyment and relaxation, you will not be subjected to death defying acrobatics or stomach churning diving – however you may request some gentle wingovers.
- Flights operate 7 days a week, all year round
- Please allow approximately 90 minutes for the entire experience including briefing and 15 minutes after the flight for the chance to take photos
- Actual flight time is 30 minutes
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your allocated booking time