A zoo experience is the perfect idea if you’re looking for something to do with the family, a school holiday activity for the kids, a fun animal encounter or even a gift idea for the nature-lover in your life. RedBalloon offers fun and exciting animal experiences at some of the country’s best zoos. From safaris and behind the scenes tours to animal encounters and overnight sleepovers, you’ll find the best zoo experiences and passes on RedBalloon.
What are the best zoos in Australia?
Australia is home to some of the best zoos, with must-see with wildlife centres in locations around the country. These include Taronga Zoo, Canberra’s National Zoo, Australia Zoo, Werribee Zoo, Adelaide Zoo, Melbourne Zoo plus plenty of other wildlife sanctuaries as well. RedBalloon offers a range of experiences at these zoos, including:
- Sydney Harbour Cruise with Taronga Zoo entry for the family: the easy way to visit Sydney’s renowned Taronga Zoo, with regular departures throughout the day. Your pass includes a cruise to Taronga Zoo from Darling Harbour or Circular Quay, entry to the zoo and sky safari cable car. When your visit to the zoo is complete, enjoy a return cruise.
- Behind the scenes at the National Zoo in ACT: embark on an exciting two hour zooventure at Canberra’s National Zoo. This exclusive behind the scenes tour gives participants the opportunity to feed a variety of amazing animals and experience a bounty of rare and close-up encounters.
- Roar ’n’ Sore sleepover at Melbourne Zoo for 2 people: Be one of the lucky few to sleepover at the zoo. Discover Melbourne Zoo after dark, guided by camp hosts. Enjoy a delicious dinner, supper and breakfast in the Historic Elephant Exhibit. In the morning, meet the keepers to learn about life behind-the-scenes before exploring all the zoo has to offer.
- Sunset zoo safari with African dining and performances: Werribee Open Range Zoo takes the zoo game to a whole new level. In this experience you’ll enjoy a sunset safari with some of the world’s most iconic animals, hear African drum beats and watch an exciting performance while dining on delicious African-inspired cuisine.
The aquarium is the perfect way to explore the underwater world and all your favourite marine creatures. Discover a wide range of aquarium passes and experiences on RedBalloon, perfect for the whole family to enjoy. Find Sea Life Sydney, Sea Life Melbourne, the Aquarium of Western Australia, Cairns Aquarium, plus more on RedBalloon.
How much does Sydney Aquarium cost?
You’ll find a range of Sea Life Sydney Aquarium experiences within your price range on RedBalloon. Aquarium passes start from $46 for an adult, $33 for a child or $158 for a family (2 adults and 2 children). This experience allows you to discover the world’s largest collection of Australian aquatic life at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium. This includes 1 of 5 only dugongs on display in the world, playful penguins, amazing endangered grey nurse sharks in shark valley, the world-famous Great Barrier Reef exhibit and the new Jurassic Sea zone.
What are the best aquarium experiences for the kids?
Discover an amazing range of aquarium experiences for kids, perfect for school holidays or weekend activities with the family. The top aquarium experiences on RedBalloon include:
- Behind the scenes stingray encounter at SEA LIFE Melbourne: in this exclusive encounter suitable for children aged 3 and above, you’ll meet the resident family of stingrays that call the Oceanarium home. See the massive stingrays pop up right next to you as your SEA LIFE guide hand-feeds these graceful animals. Included is a ride on a glass bottom boat across the Oceanarium.
- Glass bottom boat tour at The Aquarium of Western Australia: suitable for kids 4 years and over, enjoy an under-the-sea adventure at the aquarium home to hundreds of unique marine life species from the coastline of WA. Glide across the top of the three million litre tank in a glass bottom boat and get a bird’s eye view of some of the weird and wonderful creatures below.
- Cairns Aquarium entry with lunch: perfect for kids aged 3 and over, experience all of the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest with a visit to Cairns Aquarium. Journey through 10 spectacular North Queensland ecosystems and 70 exhibits, as you discover 15,000 marine and land animals from the region. This will be followed by lunch at the AquaLuna Restaurant.
- Aquarium tour with animal feeding: embark on a guided tour for a close-up animal encounter, petting and feeding friendly marine life from the edges of the pools. Your guided tour will take about 90 minutes and is great for any age! Meet amazing, friendly and intelligent creatures as you learn about marine life and conservation.
Discover a range of exhilarating shark diving experiences at aquariums in Australia. If you’ve always wanted to face your fears and come face-to-face with the most feared underwater creature, now is the chance! Plunge into shark diving at Sea Life Sydney, Sea Life Melbourne, The Aquarium of Western Australia or Cairns Aquarium. This is a once in a lifetime experience you will never forget!
If you loved the sound of our aquarium and zoo experiences, discover a wider range of animal experiences. From horse riding and whale watching to swimming with dolphins and shark diving, there is no better way to see your favourite animals up close.
Looking for more ideas? Discover all the RedBalloon experiences across categories including flying, driving, getaways, adventure sports plus plenty more. No matter what the occasion, you’ll find the perfect experience!