The Yachting Competent Crew Package is a one-stop shop for you to progress from being a beginner sailor to a competent crewman. We will teach you all you need to know in order to achieve your sailing aims. So why not come and learn on one of the world’s finest harbours, the beautiful Sydney Harbour?
As an accredited International Yacht Training Worldwide School, this course is globally recognised.
The International Crew Package is designed to turn the relative novice into an able crewman. After successfully completing the course you will gain an International Crew Certificate
The Package includes:
- Introduction to Yachting Course run over a weekend from 10am – 4pm
- International Crew Course run over a weekend from 9am – 4pm
- A Night Sail run from 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- A Sydney Harbour Bareboat Charter Course run from 10am – 4pm
- 4 places on Saturday Afternoon Social Racing
The combined value of these components I over $1,690 so you are getting a great deal with the International Crew Package.
The package elements may be spread over a number of weeks.
- Courses designed to turn the relative novice sailor into an able crewman
- Tuition on a luxury Hunter yacht
- Learn to sail on the beautiful Sydney Harbour
- 2 days of instruction onboard a Hunter yacht
- Maximum of 5 students per class
- 4 free 3 hour Social Racing position
- Experienced instructor
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
The course is approximately ten days in total which is spread over a number of weeks. Summer weekends are particularly busy so you should book at least two weeks in advance. Weekday bookings are subject to availability and minimum numbers.
If you can carry your own suitcase up a flight of stairs you are fit enough to sail! You also need to be reasonably agile to move safely around the yachts. There is a minimum age requirement of 16 years.
The price quoted is for one person. We operate with a maximum of six people per yacht and have five yachts available at any one time.
Not suitable for spectators.
All sailing trips are weather dependent. Please provide a mobile phone number so that the supplier may contact you on the day of your cruise. If cruises are cancelled due to weather, the supplier will contact you ASAP to let you know. Cancelled experiences will be rescheduled for a later date.
Courses are taught by qualified instructors.
This experience may be suitable for people with a sensory impairment.
The map below gives you the location of this experience to allow you to plan.
Exact location, directions and meeting place will be available to you once you have booked your experience