Be transported into a world beyond your imagination so relaxing and uplifting for your soul you will never want to leave. A completely intimate, natural experience without compromising on comfort or safety. Ten minutes from Port Douglas, 50 minutes from Cairns and a world away from the everyday.
Feel the wonder of this legendary place, and explore the mysteries of time and culture in the spell binding candle lit drama that is the enchanted forest.
The curtain raises with your journey to a hidden place… You are collected from your accommodation and leave the highway down a winding road as the forest welcomes you into the night.
In a secluded glade your evening begins… Enjoy sparkling wine and canapés whilst surrounded by ancient rainforest… Be beckoned further and experience a magnificent, seven dish, tropical banquet with your table friends accompanied by Australian wines and beer. This evening features two local Aboriginal brothers sharing their remarkable culture with you during the evening. The performance features a cultural background, story telling, didgeridoo playing and song.
The rainforest is the natural, authentic backdrop for this spiritual and mystical culture, a performance unique to this region, where you will learn about their timeless oral traditions spanning back over 40,000 years.
- Lightly seared kangaroo loin carpaccio served with a rocket, parmesan & Spanish onion salad with fresh truffle oil & dressed with aged balsamic glaze
- Smoked crocodile rillette with crisp ciabatta croute & salsa verde
- House made spanner crab tortellini in a fennel cream sauce with fresh garden herbs
- Pan seared coral trout on sautéed seasonal greens with a lemon myrtle infused beurre blanc accompanied by a fresh herb salsa
- Port braised beef cheek on duchess potato accompanied by spring baby vegetables
- Black sappote pavé with orange blossom cream and pistachio nut praline
The menu is subject to seasonal variation, or change at the chef’s discretion.
This experience voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Ex Cairns beaches, Palm Cove or Port Douglas.
This experience begins at 7.30pm and finishes at 10.30pm and is available every Tuesday and Thursday night except December 25 and 26, January 1, and from January 10 - March 12.
* Due to liability considerations, only children six years and over may attend.
* This experience is able to accommodate special dietary requirements. Please advise of these requirements in advance.
This experience is for one person however there may be up to 150 in the group. Round banquet tables of ten are always set so guests join other travellers over dinner.
Not suitable for spectators.
The evening is conducted undercover. There are occasions when we may have to alter the running times and venues due to inclement weather however the evening will remain as close to the promoted event as we can provide without compromising on our guests' comfort and safety.
This is a unique operation in a remote location. By this we mean that tables of twos or fours cannot be booked. Groups of six or more may book a special reserved table in advance.
This experience may be suitable for people with a mobility impairment. Wheelchair access is possible, however, there are 3 stairs to get to the bathroom. Our staff can easily provide assistance. Please notify us in advance if you require wheelchair access.
The map below gives you the location of this experience to allow you to plan.
Exact location, directions and meeting place will be available to you once you have booked your experience