This Mother’s Day, say “Thanks Mum” by avoiding these gifts at all costs! Nothing shows a lack of effort like a poorly thought out or unsuitable gift for the most important woman in your life.
1. Anything that shows a lack of thought. We’re talking last minute flowers from the servo or chocolates from the supermarket.
2. Anything with a cord – purchase electrical equipment and kitchen appliances at your own risk.
3. Do not re-gift! Just don’t.
4. Anything related to housework – cleaning products, ironing boards and clothes-horses should be avoided at all costs.
5. Mother’s Day is not the time to conquer fears. If she has a crippling fear of heights, do not send her bungee jumping.
6. Anything that lowers her self-esteem. Think Avoid teeth whitening, anti ageing creams or the wrong sized clothing.
7. Something you want for yourself. Been eyeing off that latest power drill? This is not the time.
8. An activity with people she does not enjoy the company of. Don’t plan a BBQ to celebrate Mother’s Day and invite your annoying best mate Dave along. Also, if you do plan a lunch or dinner, don’t expect her to do the leg-work and the cooking!
9. Anything boring or impersonal. There’s nothing special about a pack of hankies.
10. Nothing. If you forget or neglect your mum on Mother’s Day, prepare to pay the price for the year to come.
Don’t say we didn’t warn you.