Singles rejoice! After a day of roses, chocolates and way too much PDA (public displays of affection), you can breathe a sigh of relief that February 15 is a day dedicated to singles! Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D) is a great excuse to celebrate all the great things about flying solo and there is nothing S.A.D about it. In fact, there are lots of benefits of being unattached and these are just some of them...
1. You can sleep smack, bang in the middle of the bed, upside down, sideways, share the bed with your pet and hog the blankets without having to hear about it the next morning.
2. When you put something down or away, it will be EXACTLY where you left it. Just think of all the time you’ll save not having to search for all those things you put “right here”.
3. You can place the toilet roll around the way you want; Over...under...you decide. Plus, you can have the toilet seat positioned the way you like it.
4. ALL the wardrobe space is YOURS.
5. You can focus on your friendships and yourself. Meet up with a new brunch buddy every weekend, learn a new skill or take up a hobby. You’re free to do as much or as little as your heart desires.
6. You are the master of the remote control and the music. Watch The Bachelor, binge on Keeping Up with the Kardashians and sing loudly to the daggy music (you secretly love) with no judgement.
7. You can leave the last Tim Tam in the packet and know it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready to eat it.
8. Long hot showers, bath soaks or spending as much time as you want in the bathroom is an everyday luxury... if you want it to be.
9. You can splurge on that new handbag, awesome sound system, or those shoes you’ve been eyeing without having to justify the cost or be made to feel guilty about buying yourself a well-deserved gift.
10. There are no temperature control wars. You set your ideal temperature in the car and at home all day, everyday.